Search results

1. G

Small 2.1 active setup for space constrained desk

I think we're just rephrasing each other :) Option 1 - Keep ADI2, but replace sub with one capable of high pass filter output to monitors Option 2 - Replace monitors with ones that have high pass filter option. Remove ADI2 from chain since high pass likely requires USB. Vanatoo is not...
  2. G

So, what you're saying basically is that I have to replace my subwoofer with one capable of crossover output or give up my RME. I have to admit that I haven't considered that yet. I'm so mad at myself for not doing more research before buying this woofer. I've looked at the WS-6.2 and the SVS...
  3. G

I've been looking to replace my Audioengine A2+ speakers with something better, that's doesn't try to push bass with 3" drivers. They will exclusively be used with music at pretty low volume and close listening distance (<1m). I would appreciate your input, since I've been reading reviews for...
  4. G

Amp/DAC for Senn HD800

I know people are hyping up tubes, but I don't know if I will ever get to that budget. I realized after I bought the hd800 how expensive everything gets, and pretty fast too.
  5. G

Amp/DAC for Senn HD800

Yes. I want to understand how those numbers are useful into quantifying whether an amplifier can drive a set of headphones which usually have a non-linear impedance/frequency graph and how the sensitivity is taken into account.
  6. G

Amp/DAC for Senn HD800

You're missing the point. Opinions and objective information about decently priced gear paired with the hd800 are not that easy to find due to the price bracket in which the headphones were launched in.
  7. G

Amp/DAC for Senn HD800

I do not think it has a "problem". I'm just asking if I could get to the sweet spot of these headphones without spending car-tier amounts of money. Or, if the idsd nano already does that, I just need confirmation or opinions about it, since I don't have an easy way to do A/B testing with various...
  8. G

Amp/DAC for Senn HD800

I got my pair of HD800 a couple of weeks ago, on a very good deal, and I've been using them with my iDSD Nano BL. Coming from a pair of ATH AD-900x, I quite enjoy the HD800 sound signature as it is. The question that I have is whether I need to upgrade my iDSD Nano to a more powerful amp. At...
  9. G

Review and Measurements of HIDIZS DAC and Amp Dongle

This pretty much sums up the experience that I had with this dongle for the last year or so. Hissing is indeed noticeable with more sensitive IEMs. I used it with the Nuforce HEM2 and HEM8 for prolonged periods. The, HEM2, with a 110dB sensitivity, was completely fine, but the HEM8, with a 124dB...
Top Bottom