Search results

1. G

NAD T778 Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) Review

I can definitely hear the fan on mine, and it's one of my main gripes. It is constantly on, and at its slowest setting at 1000rpm it emits an annoying whine/drone that pulses. When it does spin up faster than 1000rpm, it makes a lot more noise but only for a few seconds before dropping down...
  2. G

Very much disagree with you there. Screen refresh rate is too low and they end up looking tacky due to the lag.
  3. G

Thanks for the feedback - I'm going to start a Roon trial and see how it behaves with the NAD. If it takes a digital level reduction of 3dB to avoid clipping, surely tracks which are mastered with slightly less insane levels (- 1 to -2dB sustained) would still run into clipping issues with the...
  4. G

I agree that poor mastering is the root cause, however I still view the problem as the manufacturer's responsibility to alleviate. There is clearly digital gain reduction applied in the DSP pathway for multichannel streams, but this step is omitted when dealing with stereo. I can find no...
  5. G

Thanks for confirming the same issue is present on the Denons as well. I raised the issue over in the AVS owners thread and was met with some heavy skepticism... That Roon Headroom Adjustment setting looks useful, but I'm guessing this is the same thing as permanently lowering the volume level...
  6. G

Hi Amir, thanks for the review. Also thanks to whichever kind member sent it in :) If you still have the T778, would you mind testing for an issue which is plaguing NAD receiver owners? As known in the NAD receiver threads over on AVS, this is known as the "Rhye distortion" issue. The same...
  7. G

Arcam AVR390 AVR Review

Probably because the amp section isn't as much of a train-wreck as the digital side
  8. G

Review and Measurements of NAD C 320BEE PWR Amplifier

Well, at least I know what the soft clipping switch actually does now! Thanks for the review Amirm - I bought this amp second hand 4 years ago. Nice to know it's fairly competently designed, especially the power amp section. Preamp performance isn't a concern for me as I use a separate dac/preamp.
Top Bottom