Search results

1. LLL

TCA HPA-10 headphone amp

Capital! Well done, Tom. I expect nothing less from you. :)
  2. LLL

Enermax DreamBass Genie Dac & Amp Review

What a waste of materials! It was more fun watching the fly.
  3. LLL

Speaka USB DAC and Headphone Amp Dongle Review

Just an update at 6 months of owning two of these (one at office, one at bedside) with almost daily use at the office. No reliability issue. It certainly isn't my MyDAC + Tom Christiansen HPA-1 (damn, the HPA-1 is mind-blowingly good), but it is definitely way more valuable than its sticker...
  4. LLL

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

I have known Tom for decades; we were grad school classmates at UW in Electrical Engineering, we even had the same adviser. This kind of performance does not shock me a bit when it comes to Tom; it's kind of expected. He is one of the top analog engineers in the world, and for him to dedicate...
  5. LLL

Yamaha RX-596 Receiver Review

I am not that knowledgeable with these vintage gear; but in your opinion, what other gear series would most likely have similar performance as the RX and AX?
  6. LLL

Yamaha RX-596 Receiver Review

Thanks Amir! Another great example why people should keep their working equipment, and this one is certainly a keeper. Less e-waste on the planet...
  7. LLL

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

Day job(s): Turning around a high-end interior design product company I acquired last year. Fashion Photographer. Recovering EE faculty at University of Washington (I am not far from @amirm). Angel investments. Sole male board member of a women-focused non-profit. Developing two next-gen medical...
  8. LLL

Speaka USB DAC and Headphone Amp Dongle Review

I have two of these, and I can pretty much confirm that the level of transparency with this little dongle is phenomenal. Science is great!
  9. LLL

Review and Measurements of Speaka USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier

You might have received a bad sample. I got the XtremePro in the US and found it to work really nicely with my variety of Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics (and even a Kannon, which is a ATH-M50 clone with a "haptic" actuator, loaned to me from the company). I also tried it with an OTG USB cable...
  10. LLL

Nord Three SE 1ET400A Dual Mono Stereo Amp Review

Thanks @amirm. Another thorough review.
  11. LLL

Review and Teardown of Musical Fidelity V-DAC

Thank you for the review and write up. Nice work!
  12. LLL

SMSL SA100 Audio Amplifier Review

Because it's a 76% increase in price? This is a great data point to show another obvious (that most people don't realize), that a brand doesn't mean much in terms of performance. SMSL can make stunning equipment, but just because it's an SMSL, it doesn't mean it is going to have great...
  13. LLL

Cambridge Audio Solo Phono Preamplifier Review

And people are flocking back to analog.... In my other life as a photographer, it also doesn't make sense. But I guess nostalgia is an emotional response and that's much stronger than facts and data.
  14. LLL

Micromega MyDAC DAC Review

Well, buy one and send it to Amir. :)
  15. LLL

Fiio D5 DAC, Headphone Amp and ADC Review

No. Charles was not a hero by any means....
  16. LLL

Feel free to have a poll, but betting is not my thing, nor is it reasonable for this case. Let's say the poll says the members want to see more new items. Are you going to supply these items to Amir? Are the members whom voted for testing new items going to send in new items? If not, then...
  17. LLL

Indeed. And a quick search on eBay shows that it is widely available as used and new at around $100-150, which makes it pretty competitive. I have used Micromega DACs since I was still living in Edinburgh over 20 years ago; and that's how I got to know them. I bought this MyDac (saw it on eBay...
  18. LLL

Good to know. I was just going off Google Shopping search.
  19. LLL

ASR is a great benevolent dictatorship, I think.
  20. LLL

We certainly do, don't we. (I am a Brit transplanted to Seattle).
Top Bottom