Search results

1. KingFiercer

Singxer SDA-6 / influence of a 10 MHz clock

From which DAC did you switch to Singxer? Is it worth the money and what DACs are comparable in level?
  2. KingFiercer

Gustard A18 Balanced Desktop DAC Review

This forum is about technical aspects of audio equipment, not about subjective comparisons of music perception. This is reminded in every topic, you must be new, if you haven't noticed ;) But I can share the results of comparison in my headphone system. With A18 presentation is slightly wider...
  3. KingFiercer

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Back then I had Beyerdynamic DT250 and Sennheiser HD600, then Beyerdynamic T1, HiFiMAN HE-6, Audeze LCD-2. Used with Audio-GD Reference 8 DAC and Beta22 amp. After that, there was a downgrade to ATH-ESW11LTD, and now I'm using Sennheiser HD660S with inexpensive Fostex HP-A4BL DAC and AT-HA22TUBE...
  4. KingFiercer

Gustard A18

Mine is on 24 hours a day in Bluetooth mode. Not even warm.
  5. KingFiercer

Gustard A18

There is really not much difference, but I settled on the default Short Sharp as the most accurate in the lower range. I also had D90. In short, after week of listening and testing, D90 seemed tiresome to me, so I stayed with D70. Now I have been listening to music with the A18 for a while, and...
  6. KingFiercer

Gustard A18

Of course, it’s a pity that there is no toslink. But I like its look and form factor, and it has good measurements. I pre-ordered one, maybe it will replace my Topping D70.
  7. KingFiercer

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

What's about volume level in both windows and driver? Windows mixer affects ASIO too if your Topping is default device. Addition: Sorry, now I see that you also tested different inputs as well. There's something wrong with unit I think.
  8. KingFiercer

I got a similar result when I connected both the RCA and XLR and set the same RCA+XLR output mode. Try to select output only RCA or only XLR.
  9. KingFiercer

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

There is answer from Topping: "The result of the experiment by the replacing the wrong clock is that: if the clock is wrong, not only the USB will fail, but other inputs will also fail. However, caution is still recommended to return". After this response, the seller agreed to a full refund, so...
  10. KingFiercer

From Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store (aliexpress). Dealer making contacts with factory, it just takes some time. I'm okay with it.
  11. KingFiercer

Topping guys said that it's not problem of the product, but in the player settings, they recommended to try another player. So I recorded another video for clarification: Nicolaas It's just the uniqe issue of my current D90 unit with performance of PCM signal of 44.1/88.2/176.4/352.8kHz via USB.
  12. KingFiercer

I'm using only RCA, problem appears only with USB. In this video you must be able to hear acceleration when switching to 44.1/88.2/176.4.
  13. KingFiercer

I've already contacted seller for fixing this problem. I tried both V4.67.0 and V4.47.0 drivers. ASIO, WASAPI, KS, windows mixer. D70 works properly, but D90 speeds up with PCM 44.1/88.2 etc. It's fun to be able to watch YouTube on 4x speed. I think it's just defect in usb-module or unit...
  14. KingFiercer

Subjective opinion. I found the D90 to be more dynamic in the low frequencies and better imaging, but the D70 has a bit more exciting midrange, touching vocals. I listened both DACs with AT-HA22TUBE and Sennheiser HD660S. For now I prefer D70, but I will still compare for a final decision. By...
  15. KingFiercer

Thanks! At least 10% is already nice. I ordered one. I compare it with the D70, and if it has same sound presentation but with improved dynamics and bass reproduction, then this is may be the endgame DAC for me.
  16. KingFiercer

I think this is the setting of the I2S connection for the correct playback of the DSD. From D70 manual:
  17. KingFiercer

You can enter in menu by switching power button off/on, while pushing SEL button. No need to plugging power the cord.
  18. KingFiercer

Review and Measurements of Topping D90 4499DAC

It's the same packaging as D70, nice indeed. Looking forward to your listening impressions!
  19. KingFiercer

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

For me D5's amp (single-ended) is poor with Senns 660S. Line-out with external HA22TUBE amp is much better and pleasant. I think D5 must be ok with low impendance headphones. For comparsion Fostex HP-A4BL's amp (single-ended) is pretty good with senns.
  20. KingFiercer

Review and Measurements of Topping D90 4499DAC

It looks promising. I like that with the best measurements, compactness will remain no worse than the D70. Now an upgrade is only a matter of price.
Top Bottom