Search results

1. J

Topping D90LE - SINAD measurement (with E1DA Cosmos APU Notch)

Hello, Just to know, what are the symptoms of this problem ? Jerome.
  2. J

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

That's a prerequisite for real subjective analysis. By the way, the price of the grand cru has a hard positive correlation with quality. J.
  3. J

Hello, I'm working at LLN now... What measurement you are speaking about ? J.
  4. J

Please, I'm here incognito ! But the quote from Earl Geddes is more relevant than ever : J.
  5. J

YES ! How couldn't I have thought about this. That makes much more sense ! "Je vois le mal partout" :D. J.
  6. J

Yes, but it is after the original and very visible text (so it just repeats what is already written). It is even more weird. The French version (the one I read) is not like that : There is a "convertisseur ES9028PRO" just before, same template as the main text. More ambiguity. They "forgot"...
  7. J

Nobody noticed how the wording of Atoll specifications is. They don't say that the DAC 200 has these numbers, but the SABRE ES9028PRO chipset... Technically, they are not lying per se, just a little semantic game : The output stage is probably the kind of low performance, low number of...
  8. J

TotalDAC USB cable/filter - Teardown

THAT makes more sense :D ! J.
  9. J

That's a good one :D. Probably my best shot. Don't forget, I got death threats for this video ! I wish I can get more of these devices, but they are so expensive and rare that nobody wants to give them for free. J.
  10. J

My bad, I thought it was a conventional zener, which has too much capacitance and can be too slow to do any protection in this context. The EClamp is not a good example here, I was thinking something like TPD4S012 which has VBUS and data lines protection. In any case, this is not something done...
  11. J

How on earth 33V zener (in this voltage range, it is the avalanche effect that occurs; Zener effect is below about 6-7V) will protect anything, especially with 6.3V capacitors... Nobody seriously use conventional zeners for that nowadays. TVS are for this very application, or dedicated chips...
  12. J

I would ! Too bad, I couldn't get this one... J.
  13. J

Hopefully, the fiducials helped the component alignment... KevBaz, can I have the possibility to get it ? I pay postage to France. Jipihorn.
  14. J

Which ASR member would you most want to meet in person, and why? (fun Christmas thread...hopefully...)

Hello everybody, I'm very pleased (and surprised) to be mentioned here... To my dismay, I have so little time to make all what I would like to do on the subject. I've been avoiding audio forums for a long time because of the time these waste and the overall low level of science and reason. The...
Top Bottom