Search results

1. Inkey31

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

You check your dac input? Check the USB cable, ensure Windows isnt taking over the driver for whatever reason. You using ASIO drivers? In what app?
  2. Inkey31

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

They are different, the HD650 is a better headphone. It performs better technically, it gives you a bit more resolution and for sure soundstage. The HD600 has no soundstage. However, you lose a bit of that treble clarity on the HD650.
  3. Inkey31

Gustard H16 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

What are you driving that's single ended you need more than a Watt? If you have more expensive headphones that need the power you can get balanced cable. I would go with Hart Audio, they have good cheap cables.
  4. Inkey31

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

Do you know if 2 different amps can have the same output wattage but have different Current and Voltage?
  5. Inkey31

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

Can someone elaborate on why you can have an AMP that does 3W but tops out on volume really low. Like can have 2 different amps that does 3Watts but have different current and voltage ratings?
  6. Inkey31

Burson Soloist 3X Performance

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/burson-soloist-3x-performance.24591/
  7. Inkey31

Here is what cracked me up, I was on my other form where they are all about "everything has a sound man" they think more expensive = better sound. I think its partly true to a point. So, they were like yea the "ESS chips back in the day had a glare to them, I didn't like them at all." LOL...
  8. Inkey31

Anyone know what the difference is? Which would you select when checking power requirements.
  9. Inkey31

How do you figure out the VRMS on an AMP? This is for the Susvara, to bring it to listening levels all you need is .5 watts, but the voltage and current need to be higher. How do you find what an amp is rated at?
  10. Inkey31

While he seems like a nice guy and all, I could deal with his reviews being objective, but he turned around and started saying the Susvara shuts off his headphone amps, I was like what....? Like when he plays heavy bass music the AMP just shuts off becasue its drawing to much power, that is...
  11. Inkey31

I am using the SMSL M400 with the SA-1 at the moment, volume is on 80, I think the m400 does 5.7V. I should try the RME again, what's this jumper bypass? That sounds interesting... I am using the Susvara's, same thing I supposes, still stupidly hard to power. I can listen with them off the...
  12. Inkey31

H-z is to change the output impedance of the headphone output from 1.4 to 10 I think it is. I don't see why you would want to do that unless it was to mess with the sound or to use 600 ohm headphones or something. I have tested a number of headphones ranging from 60-300ohm, they all sound a lot...
  13. Inkey31

Between that and the gain stages, I just wish they were louder, those are my only complaints.
  14. Inkey31

MY question is.. how do you turn the thing off?
  15. Inkey31

It changes the output impedance of the headphone out, its supposed to be for 600Ohm headphones and stuff. you want low always, unless you doing like 600 or 800ohm headphones.
  16. Inkey31

I also think the SA-1's z-low and z-hi is really dumb, should have been a gain switch, also they should have added another gain stage.
  17. Inkey31

Measurement wise, sure, but the Jot2 has more power and a higher gain stage, and is still state of the art my friend. Schiit is an American company, and they have good products, I have no problem supporting them.
  18. Inkey31

All I know is it needs and extra gain stage, otherwise its a good amp. Running Susvara he6, no go IMO, needs more gain and a little more juice, but everything else works great.
  19. Inkey31

I was just listening the Susvara's off the 887 and RME ADI 2 DAC FS, sounded great, pushed them well actually.
Top Bottom