Search results

1. M

Another KH120 vs 8030CP thread

I don’t think signature sound is the proper term here, given the fact that both companies strive for maximum neutrality, and given the CEA 2024 measurements of both speakers. And I only know well the KH150 and the 8351B. I decided to put the Neumanns besides the Genelecs again today, to help me...
  2. M

Another KH120 vs 8030CP thread

I wouldn’t consider it probable that the soundstage/imaging of the Neumann KH120 is inferior to the Genelec 8030 (why should it be?), since the imaging of my KH150‘s is at least on par with my 8351B’s. The phantom centre of the KH150 is razor sharp, and I don’t succeed in getting the phantom...
  3. M

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Because, as mentioned, I own some serious analogue stuff, and I want to keep using that. Looks are another thing, I’m not alone, you know.
  4. M

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

With all this praise it seems that I appear to be the odd one out here. I’ve tried quite hard, but I have yet to be turned into a KEF fanboy, to be convinced of the superior sound quality of KEF. The original LS50 wasn’t for me, it pierced my ears. I mainly listen to active speakers nowadays...
  5. M

What is the practical significance of point source?

I own Genelec 8351B´s and since recently also a pair of Neumann KH150’s. And I must say that (much to my surprise) I find the imaging of the KH150 to be superior. Phantom image of the KH 150’s is razorrr-sharp, placement of instruments equally impressive. The difference isn’t subtle, the Genelec...
  6. M

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

Your “Valhalla” has already been reached years ago. The rest is GAS.
  7. M

And he doesn’t know how to stop his ranting. Seriously pathetic case.
  8. M

What’s the use? No use. At all.
  9. M

The once a year POWER CABLE discussion!

They got even more expensive.
  10. M

$20k for dream 2.0 or 2.1 rig

That‘s a small listening space. The Genelec The Ones are really good, and the 8341A should be more than enough. You can still use your Benchmark DAC for the mechanical volume control, and use the balanced analogue-in on the Genelecs. Yes, that means an additional DA-AD step, but in practice...
  11. M

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

Why would that destroy the competition? For number fetishists maybe. But for normal people?
  12. M

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

Personally? If you’re happy, don’t let this bother you, just stay happy with it. I also own an amplifier that doesn’t measure that well, but it still sounds great to me, and that’s what counts in the end. Apparently, the not so good measurements don’t noticeably affect the sound quality, thus...
  13. M

Digital Compact Cassette

I don’t think that’s true, actually analogue cassettes were still very popular in the days. And it wasn’t introduced only by Philips, but also by Matsushita (Panasonic, Technics, Sanyo). Philips introduced DCC in competition with Sony’s Minidisc, but they were too late, as they were with Video...
  14. M

Digital Compact Cassette

I own several Philips DCC players of the type DCC 951, all still fully functional. Ingenious machines, can play both your old analogue compact cassettes as well as (of course) the digital DCC cassettes. I seem to have forgotten over the years that you can’t record analogue with it, which is kind...
  15. M

Need advise, KEF Blade One Meta, B&W 801D4 or Genelec 8361+731A?

You don’t seem to get much answers on your questions. According to Hifi News & Record Review reviews: B&W 801 D4: THD 100Hz/1kHz/10kHz (for 90dB SPL/1m) 0.25% / 0.05% / 0.25% LF/HF extension (–6dB ref 200Hz/10kHz) 19Hz / 34.7kHz/33.5kHz KEF Blade 1 Meta: THD 100Hz/1kHz/10kHz (for...
  16. M

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

And how do you imagine the Genelecs waking up from standby without listening to the clock signal? Or to choose the digital input over the analogue input? This is how digital audio works.
  17. M

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

This isn’t “unintelligent” in any way, but logical. Since the Genelecs continue to get the clock signal from the Bluesound via coax, they can’t go into standby. If you switch off your Bluesound they do, and (of course) if you would use analogue in they do.
  18. M

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report

This is not snake oil, this is plain theft. Despicable company.
  19. M

Focal SOLO6 ST6 Monitor Review

Spot on, John. Eventually if we don’t change our buying habits, we will kill our own industries. It's a race to the bottom. Happy to see the latest Buchardt anniversary speaker being built in Denmark. Genelec and Neumann, what great companies. Speaking of great sound, your Kitchenaid too is...
  20. M

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

Agreed. Although I think the more important reason for moving production to China is and has been the necessity to stay price competitive, and thus in the end to survive as a business. If you don’t go along with that everyone will be buying toppings, floppings, and the likes instead. So...
Top Bottom