Search results

1. D

members area

why does the "members area" exist if content is limited to the arbitrary whims of the moderator?
  2. D

Any conspiracy theorists here?

we must have the same brother in law
  3. D

agreed but I would replace "aliens" with "right wingers".
  4. D

Anyone here who thinks; we never landed on the moon 9/11 was an inside job Sandy Hook was a hoax Oswald was framed the marathon bombers didn't do it we didn't kill Bin Laden no plane hit the pentagon covid is fake covid vax is a plot by Bill Gates to plant microchips in us
  5. D

Home theater or stereo?

I'm interested to know do most here, when listening to music (not movies) listen to a surround sound system or two channel stereo? Can a home theater surround system be easily switched to just front left/front right two channel?
  6. D

GoldenEar BRX Review (high-end Bookshelf Speaker)

Some time around 1982 I had a pair of ESS Heil floorstanders with the AMT driver. They were maybe the smoothest sounding speakers I ever heard.
  7. D

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

As mentioned more than once previously in this thread if they do "break in" why should they sound better rather than worse? One would think that a new firm tight rubber surround on a woofer would sound better than an older softened loosened relaxed one wouldn't one? Same goes for a new stiff...
  8. D

How do you feel about other people using your stereo?

Stereos are much less important than cars. I don't care if someone uses my stereo. 30 years ago I owned a 1971 Gran Torino GT that I would never let anyone else drive. Some things are more valuable than others.
  9. D

Why does Cannabis make music sound way more detailed and hundreds of times more enjoyable?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0306460314000203
  10. D

Why does Cannabis make music sound way more detailed and hundreds of times more enjoyable?

I'm 69 and my circle of friends are mostly my age. All of us smoked back in the day. None of us do anymore. You don't know "most older people". The I.Q. lowering effect of chronic cannabis use does result in an angry response to anyone who suggests it may not be good.
  11. D

Cannabis with a high CBD content is far more enjoyable and superior in every way to cannabis with a high THC content and very little or no CBD. The CBD reduces and controls the unpleasant effects of THC but promotes the positive effects. Just a matter of learning which weed strains are high in...
  12. D

Schiit Vidar Amplifier Review

"power ratings of +/- 100% are barely noticable" yes, I agree completely. But my reason for getting the Vidar wasn't more volume. My speakers are maggies which are very power hungry and draw a lot of current. At certain frequencies their impedance drops to 2.6 ohms. I tried an AVR...
  13. D

Schiit Vidar Amplifier Review

The Denon features you mention do not constitute "higher fidelity". They constitute unnecessary (in my opinion) over-processing of the signal which can only result in lower fidelity. Also were the Denon to attempt to deliver as much power into 4ohms as the Vidar does it would soon start to smoke...
  14. D

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

In spite of the terrible measurements maggies are the only speaker I've ever heard that doesn't sound like a box. I'm 70 and I've been into home audio for fifty years. I've owned JBL, Polk, B&W, Infinity, ESS, Dahlquist DQ 10 (which came close to sounding as good as the maggies) and Kef 105. I...
  15. D

Best Horror movies

"The Invisible Man" is great. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_invisible_man_2020
  16. D

TV Series Suggestion Please

"The Queen's Gambit" on netflix is really good. So good I watched it twice.
  17. D

Lower Cost Stereo Receivers - excluding AV units

I had a Micro Seiki DD 40 TT with the micro MA-505 tonearm and a solid rosewood base. I sold it for ,I think, a hundred bucks 25 years ago. They're now selling for $899 to $2000 on ebay. Should have kept it I guess.
Top Bottom