Search results

1. GoldenOne

Blind test: we have a volunteer!!!

I will be doing the test with the recommendations that yourself and others made in this thread so far. Nothing has changed in regards to me wanting to do the test properly and have it be reliable. But the goalposts and aims of the test have been shifted so far from what was initially discussed...
  2. GoldenOne

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

This information is contained in the mqa file. Software like Roon will tell you what the source sample rate was. (I think I also mentioned this in my video)
  3. GoldenOne

Bulls are outside 'natural' tea drinking conditions so they don't count. But the China is definitely shatterproof. 'Better than shatterproof' in fact... Trust us
  4. GoldenOne

Perhaps if they didn't want someone to try throwing a bull in their shop they shouldn't have advertised 'shatterproof china'. If your argument is that your product only failed because it was tested something needs a rethink. In other news, I don't need fillings cause I've not been to the...
  5. GoldenOne

Page 1 of stereophile this month. MOD Edit: [full scan of the page deleted]. From our terms of service: "You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable...
  6. GoldenOne

For a little background on this area, I've had several manufacturers telling me that mqa has been heavily pushing (though not explicitly forcing) them to upsample all content using an mqa reconstruction filter prior to the dac. I've been told that this is to prevent issues when attempting...
  7. GoldenOne

I have done this. And in fact I have a housemate assist me with doing level matched blind tests quite often. It's useful to separate placebo from true difference and yes there have been plenty of times where something has turned out to be placebo. But also plenty of times when a difference was...
  8. GoldenOne

Please could you clarify what for you would classify as doing this. My intention was to demonstrate that two devices that measure 'sonically transparent' sound different to me. Because one such as the Magnius may sound harsher or more fatiguing etc. Beyond correctly identifying the devices I'm...
  9. GoldenOne

Well my entire point that is intended to be tested is that the current measurements are either insufficient or the interpretations of them are wrong. Successfully blind testing between two products that you've deemed to be 'sonically transparent' would demonstrate that they aren't sonically...
  10. GoldenOne

Yes I'm going to do the video regardless. It'll be a damn shame if Amir doesn't uphold the charity donation offer but regardless I've got the Magnius and SA1 on the way and will still do the video. And ill donate 100% of ad income on that vid to the charity
  11. GoldenOne

Just so things are clear. Are you now retracting or changing the offer for $1000 to charity if the blind test is successfully passed? Im a bit confused as to what's happening at this point. I'm still up for doing the test. As to everything else said, let's get the blind test done so we can...
  12. GoldenOne

The point of the experiment as I understand it is to attempt to demonstrate that there is an audible difference between two amps that according to test condition measurements, should sound identical. What my assumptions/views about audibility are prior to the experiment shouldn't matter if...
  13. GoldenOne

That's not what I'm implying, hence why the discussion of what amps are to be used is going ahead. I'm quite happy to choose amps that Amir is happy with. At the moment I'm thinking magnius vs SA-1 should be a good comparison. Both of them are on the way to me at the moment.
  14. GoldenOne

That's a good point. Perhaps singxer sa-1 vs magnius might be a more ideal comparison?
  15. GoldenOne

Viewer of mine has offered to send me theirs but its coming from Canada so may be a while
  16. GoldenOne

That's fine Happy to have someone of your choosing host if they're comfortable to do so, or just come and observe/verify at my friends. Beer and food provided :D
  17. GoldenOne

Hey we're judging audio not my sleep schedule :P
  18. GoldenOne

I can report tomorrow whether I think the atom sounds different to the stuff I have here. And as soon as the Magnius arrives I'll confirm if it sounds different to me to that as well. And yes. Some amps do sound either indistinguishable or incredibly similar to the point where I'm sure i...
  19. GoldenOne

No I'm saying I've hardly listened to the atom and not at all with any full size cans so I don't know what it sounds like. And therefore I can't say anything about it yet. Youre correct, it would be incredibly unlikely to have all the same issues I perceived hence Im probably happy to use that...
  20. GoldenOne

As @JohnYang1997 said this should be valid in stereo. It may be an interesting test to see if it's easier or harder to discern a difference when in mono if the first test in stereo passes, but until then it makes sense to keep things applicable to real world use and use stereo. Firstly...
Top Bottom