Search results

1. Redbeard65

“The Sensible Sound” magazine the ASR forum of pre-internet days?

I subscribed to T$S for several years. Their review of Paradigm's Studio 60 speakers convinced me to go listen and ultimately buy them. They are still on my primary system and I haven't heard anything enough better to convince me to replace them, at least at a reasonable price ;)
  2. Redbeard65

In-line hardware EQ for headphones?

It can do USB like a typical dongle and Bluetooth. There is no line in. I use it via USB when I am at my desk at work and via Bluetooth while out and about. So far, I am very impressed with it.
  3. Redbeard65

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

Software Engineer (Semiconductor industry, 30 years) turned into IT manager 4 years ago. Hobbies; Model Railroading, model building and music nut. The audio equipment and reproduction chain is a means to an end of getting maximum enjoyment out of the music. It has turned into another hobby in...
  4. Redbeard65

ReplayGain: What apply method works best for you? (poll)

I have used Media Monkey for years and album gain is my preferred one. I mostly listen to whole albums and using track gain kind of destroys the flow of an album. I recently started using Roon and I'm letting it make it's own decisions on replay gain by setting volume leveling to auto. So far...
  5. Redbeard65

ASR members hobbys?

Model Railroading, Building Models and, of course, listening to music. I do get to listen to music a good chunk of my working day and have a fairly nice sound system in my hobby room.
  6. Redbeard65

Fiio A5 Portable Headphone Amp Review

I have an A5 and a JDS Atom. I can't hear a difference between them with HD-600, HD-650 or ER4SR. It's just really nice to have desktop amp quality when being lazy on the couch...
  7. Redbeard65

Shout out to JDS Labs

I had to send my Atom amp back to JDS a couple of weeks ago because the left channel quit working. They responded to my emails about the problem in minutes and had me ship it back to them. When they received the amp they had fixed it and put it back in the mail the same day they received it...
  8. Redbeard65

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. Redbeard65

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sennheiser HD600 and HD650 Shure SRH940 and SRH1450 Because sometimes you feel like flat and sometime you feel like fun ;)
  10. Redbeard65

What’s the deal with Paradigm speakers?

I have a pair of Studio 60's version v1.1 that I bought new more than 15 years ago. They are still on my primary system and still sound great after all of these years. A couple of years ago I went back to my local HiFi shop to listen to the newer Paradigm models thinking that I had an itch to...
  11. Redbeard65

Which IEM do you own?

Etymotic ER4SR and ER4S
Top Bottom