Search results

1. M

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Congrats, this is insane value in the scheme of current audio affairs, and functionality and technically wise, leaps and bounds ahead of 99,8% of hifi DACs. USB and one settingbfor both channels is better than nothing, but PEQ, to be really usefull has to be available separately to each...
  2. M

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

68 pages is waaay too much to deal with right now.. Can someone tell me where we are at on this subject, and how I can contribute monetarily, as I have o relevant skill to offer?
  3. M

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

The way Kurt Denker fron Blue Jeans cables handled the bullying from those Monsters Cablers.... Damn..!! After reading this, I feel an unredeameable urge to buy cables from them, should they still conduct their business with this kind of ethics..
  4. M

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

The thing Kef seems to consistently underdo subjectively for me is the bass. They allow for to much room gain on their upper echelon speakers for my taste, and so end up sounding a bit wimpy and thin, while their older Ref series (threes and fours) were a bit the contrary..Correcting and...
  5. M

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

Someone that wants to build a well documented, real kit, or has limited funds, and has found they prefer their sound with some 2nd harmonic spice and do not need loads of power, may get this. I am founding that objective excellence unfortunatelly is not always the end be all for me, in terms of...
  6. M

DSP Info

Thanks, just browsed it, will look into it a bit more. Usually, just the name would make me look elsewhere ;) . It does not seem to do frequency dependent windowing or digital crossovers however, and I wiil have to see how to make this work in Roon.
  7. M

DSP Info

Hi, love your avatar, tinnitus, (also here unfortunately), and have been toying with the idea of trying some Ripoles myself.(are those..?) How do you find Audiovero DSP to work with and its SQ results compared to other solutions if you have tried alternatives? I had been toying with the idea...
  8. M

What is it with the KEF Blade (meta)?

I own three different UniQs, he ones in the 205 Ref, those on 205.2 Ref, and last gen, non meta R7/R11. They all sound very different unfiltered, even the 205 and 205.2, wich use the same cone material and are just an update on the same model ( but very diff geometry, suspension and tweeter)...
  9. M

The dispersion and frequency smoothness that continuously curved baffle and UniQ surrounding material/waveguide plus force cancelling and apparent single source those bass drivers arrangement afford, should make them sound different I would expect... the REF is really just a most excellent...
  10. M

That's a different kettle of fish... I think someone that likes a KEF LS 50, and there are loads, may perfectly be ok with the smaller Gen. Ones, especially in white or bespoke finishes, particularily if you put them atop a sideboard or a media center furniture piece..The bigger 85s and 86s will...
  11. M

QUOTE "I'm not sure the Blade looks that much better than the 8381" If your significant other is into modern design, they will find the Blade probably palatable. I love them aesthetically, and I own a 205 Kef Ref in cherry, my family likes them in our living room. The Genelec on the other hand...
  12. M

KEF Reference 8b vs KF92

Probably has to do with lower distortion, more headroom at a bit higher frequencies, and finish quality. Getting deep, dynamic and high output bass at a very low distortion is an expensive endeavour, to get to where the KF is, it very probably compromised somewhere, and I would bet distortion.
  13. M

How important is imaging to you?

Voted very important. I enjoyed not so perfect frequency response and dispersion loudspeakers for years, as long as they could fool me into 3D space here and there, record permitting. For me, its resonances that are especially off-putting. I can live with a bit bright or dark, or slighly...
  14. M

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

A Technics motor? That was my first guess, but had a moment I thought...a Tesla? Not really SOTA, they cheaped out :)
  15. M

SONCOZ SGP1 Stereo Amplifier Review

"Some things are just aesthetically pleasing, not functionally necessary." Call me a snob, but I couldn't buy something with that tacky superdupermegaspeed nonsense lettering on the V.Us. Its just too much last century early chinese crap imports, with no or completely butchered hilarious...
  16. M

VST pluggins for Roon/stereo expansion/tube/tape emulation

Thanks, will look for @pkane software. What about stereo/soundfield expansion pluggins, anyone has tried those? About the tube distortion thing, a little story about what turned my attention to that, way back..About 30 years ago, I was shopping for my first self owned hi fi, and found this local...
  17. M

Right, thats what I did at first,searched to see if there was a Crane Song pluggin wich would be my go to, but there isn't.. But there are dozens of this kind of VST pluggins, I was hoping to get a recommendation of specific ones that members here tried themselves or know to be excelent...
  18. M

Hi, the title tells it all.. After hearing and loving a Crane Song HEDD quantum DAC an its triode/pentode/tape emulations, I am looking for an app to replicate or even surpass that in ROON as I don"t really want another DAC now. Not just an on and off thing, but something customisable like the...
  19. M

Henry Engineering Matchbox HD RCA/XLR Converter

Unless little Rebbeca, out of frustration pulls really hard on that damn IEC that is no longer disconnecting as they usually did, and dad Stuart finds her pancacked under those big heavy active Meridian monitors of yore...Sorry, in a Grinchy mood. ;)
  20. M

Budget Amp for streaming in a small restaurant

The one I am aware of is Reverb.com . Nice place to nab a pair of Genelecs or Neumans, but they advertise all sorts of mainstream-ish audio and obscure studio gear.
Top Bottom