Search results

1. Hephaestus

NAD M66 (vs NAD M33 and M10V2)

NAD M66 does not support audio output from its USB port. It seems that different chipset and firmware is used and certain features are not available in M66. Here are few of the differences compared to earlier NAD products: -No input gain trims -No album art over HDMI to TV -No digital out over...
  2. Hephaestus

New in 2024: AKG N9 Hybrid

It seems that AKG is making a comeback in to the noise cancelling Bluetooth headphone space: N9 Hybrid Hopefully comes with great tuning! @Sean Olive ? Design looks really good. This has 2.4GHz dongle in addition to Bluetooth. I will order this for sure as I like NC700M2. Sources...
  3. Hephaestus

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Got my unit today. First impressions are positive with the exception of the display quality: It is trash, but it was not surprise. (My previous toy had OLED...) Build quality is fine but cannot compete with Linn´s mid or high tier bling bling. Setup was a breeze and very easy - no manual was...
  4. Hephaestus

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Post measurements so people can help you. FYI those back controls that you mentioned to adjust -4 and -1 do not work simultaneously with GLM. People have different preferences what comes to amount of bass - you may like flatter in room curve. It is very easy to expirement with GLM and find...
  5. Hephaestus

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Sounds like you did not run GLM. My 8361 came with complimentary GLM kit. Too much bass in that case is caused by boundary reinforcement and/or room modes. I highly recommend that you take some measurements with REW and run GLM autocal ( or enter filters manually based on REW measurements )...
  6. Hephaestus

How spacious sounding are the Genelec The Ones?

I find that the "soundstage" created by The Ones is stable and coherent. Have had my Genelecs now for few years and have been very pleased with them. Take a look of the power response of 8361A and compare that to the rest of the bunch. Its different. Still for some reason I dont experience...
  7. Hephaestus

"Pro" Active Speaker Aesthestics

Genelec did hire well established industrial designer Harri Koskinen for their 8000 series. For me 8000 series represents stunning industrial design - form follows function. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harri_Koskinen Harri´s famous Block Lamp is a part of MoMa´s permanent collection.
  8. Hephaestus

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

AutoEq can do this as well: Choose custom paramteric eq from drop down box and specify the amount of PK and shelving filter for your needs https://autoeq.app/ I used Amir´s measurement (.csv file provided with the review):
  9. Hephaestus

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

Here is measurement shared by @Sean Olive: I have adjusted mine with the AKG app: I have small ears - no problem with the fit. I find these headphones way superior than flawed Mark Levinson 5909.
  10. Hephaestus

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Great device! @mirror88 Any plans to implement PEQ or convolution engine in the future?
  11. Hephaestus

New mysterious Genelec monitors

https://www.aalto.fi/en/news/the-human-ear-detects-half-a-millisecond-delay-in-sound https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9450008 This study was carried out by Aalto University acoustic researchers with Genelec.
  12. Hephaestus

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Pure Class. I believe ref 1530 is an Oyster Perpetual Date in Oysterquartz case & bracelet. Not a common sight!
  13. Hephaestus

New mysterious Genelec monitors

These new Main Ones look incredible! I think I will need to visit Genelec factory at some point to audition these :) Most likely these will be more expensive than 1236A...
  14. Hephaestus

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

@srrxr71 Sad to hear you have had a bunch of issues and a obviously not so glorious support experience. It is still not good to generalise too much. Here in Finland Genelec is well known for their excellent after sales service for decades. The modules are not from Shenzhen. Amplifier and DSP...
  15. Hephaestus

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

Calm down? I am not boiling… and thanks for the clarification. Certainly it wont be the same but I understood his question in a way that can we eq our Genelecs if their servers are down? Yes we can, compare this to Dirac, if their servers are down you cant use their eq solution with devices...
  16. Hephaestus

I recommend that you read @Hmast question one more time. He asked: ”could we still be able to EQ our precious speakers” So my answer to him is: Yes we can, (doing so manually or using autocal 1 which is included optionally for offline use.) I have no idea what kind of point you tried to make.
  17. Hephaestus

There is offline version of GLM available to calibrate and control your Genelec speakers - so no worries.
  18. Hephaestus

Headphones and the Harman target curve

I can see that you have actually not read the Harman research papers. Nuisance variables were controlled in the study.
  19. Hephaestus

Genelec G Five

The newer models have switched-mode PSU´s and the older ones have transformers - that makes the difference in weight.
  20. Hephaestus

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Listening room in Oulu, Finland. Notice the famous Karuselli chair which matches the design of 8361A perfectly.
Top Bottom