Search results

1. M

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I purchased this DAC based on your recommendation, but I later found that the DAC in my Preamp was actually far superior sounding. My preamp is old, it's an Anthem AVM20. I've had this preamp a long time but I had tested it with a bad coax cable that left me with the impression that the...
  2. M

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

Good stuff and for those that want great sound in windows with their personal flac files there's Foobar2000.
  3. M

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

I'm wondering what android apps and especially what PC apps are available to adjust the EQ. I would be willing to try out these headphones just to see what the results turned out to be. I listen to most of my music off of a Bluesound Vault but I can stream from my desktop computer as well. I...
  4. M

I did the same E30 to E50 and you're exactly right I notice the improved bass, less jitter more focus. Some music sounded very different but better. Finally the coax out on my Bluesound node sounds great. E30 coax input didn't handle jitter as well.
  5. M

My question is about jitter using Coax. You say that jitter is a little worse compared to USB, but is that source dependant? Does the DAC have its own internal clock that helps prevent jitter? On my other DACs D30 and E30 toppings. I hear a rather large difference between USB and Coax. But...
  6. M

Do USB Filters Make DACs Sound Better? (Video)

I wonder if you missed the point? I'm using a USB isolation filter and it makes a huge difference in noise. Maybe that's not what this unit is designed to do. I have a terrible hum from my desktop computer when I plug it into the DAC. But if I plug the isolator into the back of the computer...
  7. M

Topping PA3: subjective impressions

what this company needs to do is make the amp bridgeable in order to double the watts. I think I would buy two. :)
  8. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

I have the D30 DAC but upgraded to this DAC the difference it tremendous. I love the new DAC. I played with the different filters and didn't hear a difference between them. Can you explain the reasons for having these different filters. Is it mostly just for dogs. Or are we humans supposed...
  9. M

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

I'm wondering how this would sound in comparison to the Topping D30 one I own and the Topping D90 one I would consider upgrading to if the sound was noticeably better.
  10. M

Battle of S/PDIF vs USB: which is better?

I'm having a discussion on FB, recently I took my Topping D30 off of optical and attached my laptop to the DAC using USB. Suddenly I was hearing more detail and tighter focus on the soundstage. The music itself seemed cleaner. I remember one song specifically with a horn in it and the horn was...
  11. M

Battle of S/PDIF vs USB: which is better?

I have recently discovered that Optical with my Topping D30 is nowhere near as good as my USB sound quality that is, connected to laptop. I had some issues with usb but it was a connection problem. I believe the optical has problems with jitter issues. But whatever the USB sounds amazing.
Top Bottom