Search results

1. T

ANIME.. Anyone?

In Japan, there is an AIR Bird's Poem Sound Quality battle, especially on playing back by cassette decks. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=AIR+%E9%B3%A5%E3%81%AE%E8%A9%A9+%E9%9F%B3%E8%B3%AA%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB+ Most interesting is
  2. T

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Wakayama, Japan
  3. T

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

I2S cable connection is originally considered as DAC chip interface within DAC board, so it seems as possible as short length is preferable. I tried to compare the defferences of HDMI cable length ( 1m and 2m) between external I2S extractor HDMI (I2S) output and Sabaj D5 HDMI (I2S) input (HDMI...
  4. T

Thank you for your technical explanation. So when using I2S over HDMI transfer, it seems better to use AV reciever rather than using external I2S extractor, because AV reciever have internal I2S extractor and becomes I2S cable length short and interferances between clock and signals small. And...
  5. T

Me too. But disconneted HDMI cable and connected to Sabaj via coaxial cable and played DSD file or SACD disk, then Sabaj display show PCM frequency that was converted within player.
  6. T

SACD layer`s DSD data can be directly transferred to some AV recievers via HDMI cable. But it is probably the same results as my measurements (HDMI transfer has more spurious tones than Coax transfer). Another remarks reagarding to the above measurements : DSD files are converted to 192kHz...
  7. T

Because I don't have audio check SACD, I could not compare 1kHz sine wave. As the next best way, I used the biginning of the SACD (Maher Symphony No.1, RCO, Mariss Jansons). Here is the results youtube video. Caution : The input gain of recorder (Roland Rubix22) is same between Coax(SPDIF)...
  8. T

I also bought the HDMI Audio Separation and Extraction board from aliexpress ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33031920347.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1d073d68KWGTzQ ), and compared 1kHz sine waveforms played from DSD file by my Sony UBP-X800M2 (one was converted to PCM format within the...
  9. T

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

Does anyone know the difference between firmware v1.3 and v1.4?
  10. T

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

I have measured IMD of 7 kHz tone and 60 Hz tone. Focus on the area enclosed in red after 0:53 of following youtube video, IMD is so small that you could probably not hear it.
  11. T

The kit we bought, our current setups

My main system DAC : Sabaj D5 AMP : TEAC AX-505 Speaker : B&W 683S2
  12. T

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Tracking number say my firmware update tool was departed from SHENZHEN EMS at 2019/10/5.
  13. T

Name the one best sounding song on your system?

One of the best song of my current system is this. And the recording is this.
  14. T

High Resolution Audio?

I don't read this article, because too long and complicated for me. But ultrasonic perception of your idea (some nonlinear effect in the hearing chain) seems good point. Not only ultrasonic frequency but also am radio frequency can be heared by non-electrical (which means without electronic...
  15. T

High Resolution Audio?

But, in Japan, one of the famous university's research center have Condensed Matter Nuclear Reaction Division. http://hayabusa1.lns.tohoku.ac.jp/en/research/
  16. T

High Resolution Audio?

Most ordinary listeners can't hear the difference between 20kHz band-limited audio signals and wide band signals, but wide band signals produce a physiological effect on brain activity accroding to the following article...
  17. T

Measurement Microphony

As amirm said, I think speaker is acting as a microphone. When amp is stand-by, the impedance which looks from speaker to amp is higher than audio interface's input impedance. Therefore, currents caused by speaker as a microphone is flowing to audio interface (not to amp) which lead to spectrum...
  18. T

Review and Measurements of Nord One NC500 Amp

In my amplifier, the amplitude of the switching frequency is about 620 mVp-p. I don't know the sound quality is accurately transfered to you on youtube, but the sound quality is excellnt.
  19. T

Review and Measurements of Nord One NC500 Amp

Yes, the width of the modulation stay constant with varying of the 1kHz sine wave level.
Top Bottom