Search results

1. M

You love Etymotic and found something better

Have owned the ER4SR prior and it was excellent. Also owned the Blessing 2, which in some ways is better, but I don't think the Blessing 2 is worth its high-price. That said, I let me ER4SR go at the time when I had the B2. Ended up losing the B2, and instead of buying another one, decided...
  2. M

Which headphone(s) of "inferior prestige" do you come always back to?

Had the 840 back in the day. It’s a great easy listen and quite comfy. Btw - I love that compilation. Great choice. Check out their recent release with Paul Stamet (yes,of mycology fame).
  3. M

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Focal Utopia - expensive detail monster yet still immensely enjoyable. The most realistic spherical soundstage when using binaural, spatial audio, 3D game audio. BLON BL-05S - truly remarkable for their low price of ~$40, may prefer their target curve over the ER4SR for lifelike natural...
  4. M

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

As a Utopia owner, I just wanted to chime in on and add to the discussion with regards to soundstage. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, and others including Amir may already know the of the following. First, really appreciate the review and measurements on this headphone by ASR and...
  5. M

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

This is myth - at least for the Focal Utopia. The requirements to power the Utopia are relatively miniscule for a headphone of its calibre. I have no problem powering them from an O2/ODAC - which for all intents and purposes performs more than sufficient. Spend a tiny bit more and you have...
  6. M

IEMs Recommendations

Hmm soundstage, clarity and bass? MDR-EX800st (aka mdr-7550) an older studio professional IEM that was produced for a number of years. One of the best single dynamic driver iems out there. This models has a shelved (lowered but not rolled off) treble region with the rest being extremely linear...
Top Bottom