Search results

1. rockypunch

Harmonic distortion phase and it's effects

For a given output voltage, let's say a DAC outputs a 2nd order harmonic -60 dB down from the fundamental. If that DAC is connected to an amplifier that also has 2nd order harmonic distortion at -60 dB, what is the result? I'm guessing that if the 2nd order harmonic is of the same phase, the...
  2. rockypunch

Cheap way to increase gain for a line level signal?

nightfishing, thanks for the input. My description was a little simplified. The amp is external, and connected to multiple sub drivers. I think in my case the amp just doesn't deliver enough power for the input voltage when connected to multiple drivers like it is. I forget what the impedance is...
  3. rockypunch

I appreciate all the suggestions. It looks like I have some good options. Thanks!
  4. rockypunch

Thanks SIY. I can solder and follow a schematic, but I'm not sure which opamp to use or which schematic to follow :). I'd be up for building my own if it's a lot cheaper, but would also like to save time by buying something. When I search, I seem to just find phono preamps or preamps that seem...
  5. rockypunch

I have a budget system with a receiver, two mains, and a subwoofer connected to the sub out on the receiver. The subwoofer's volume is too low, even with it's own gain maxed. The subwoofer can play plenty loud if I increase the overall system volume, but the relative volume is too low. What's a...
  6. rockypunch

Does dipole bass transmit less sound to neighboring rooms?

I've mostly seen DIY full range dipoles, but here is a commercial offering with dipole bass from Jamo: https://www.jamo.com/products/r909 In my particular case, I already have a full range DIY dipole working in my apartment. I think this building would be considered lightweight construction...
  7. rockypunch

Does dipole bass transmit less sound to neighboring rooms?

I've read that a dipole is a velocity source, not a pressure source. Does this mean the room is pressurized less with a dipole than when using a monopole source for bass? I would imagine a less pressurized room would transmit less sound to neighboring rooms, am I correct?
Top Bottom