Search results

1. I

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

very nice! dB/mW and dB/mA goes parallel because voltage is constant. dB/V is not parallel with other two because impedance is varies in low frequency. Same voltage input into 100Hz and 1kHz produces almost same SPL. Same wattage & current input into 100Hz and 1kHz causes higher SPL at 100Hz...
  2. I

Yes. The quote is a part of a context, and there should be a right/wrong way to read according to the context. The matter of communication and viewpoint has caused the secondary problem and obscures the primary one. Let's see. This sentence is right above the impedance response graph in this...
  3. I

Very impressive way to speak "I'm done playing with you". Thank you.
  4. I

That was the most favorable (mis-)interpretation possible but (un-)fortunately was ruled out, 1) by his post #105, where he brings out driving different headphones with different amps 2) by the statement in his T1V2 review, where he said, "The T1 is stated to have 600 ohm impedance which is...
  5. I

The very same complication of universe makes us to worship pure silver cables and flying spaghettis. I have nothing against being happy with that because I admit I myself will probably never be completely free from that. But measuring, theorizing and calling it "science" is to deconstruct...
  6. I

I don't think so. It's only the ohms law what [staticV3 & me] and [Amir & Zolall] are agreed on, but that does not make we are arguing the exact same point to each other. What [staticV3 & me] are talking about and trying to apply ohms law is: TOPIC A [effect of different impedance at...
  7. I

A voltage driven amp does not compensate for impedance rise by increasing voltage. It feeds same voltage into all frequency range and lets current drop when impedance rises. Please remind voltage is constant unless you touch the volume knob. Thats what voltage drive means. Despite current...
  8. I

Please remind that voltage is constant. When the signal is flat across the frequency range (like the test tone), same voltage is fed across whole frequency range. You seem to be thinking that the voltage should rise at impedance peak, but that does not happen with a voltage driven amp (output...
  9. I

There isn't any relevance to another source/headphone that may or may not fail to do something. What we are talking about is a fixed setup where the same headphone (what you measure) is driven by the same source/amp (what you use). The impedance varies in the same headphone & the same...
  10. I

Sir, you are confusing [different headphones with different nominal impedance] and [different impedance at different frequency of a same headphone]. This error, which became very obvious thanks to your reply, has sustained at least 3 years since I pointed out it in your T1V2 review. When you...
  11. I

Well, 560s can be cheap because it shares many parts with other 5xx line headphones. But for HD490pro only few parts shares same molds. One of them are ear cup yokes which can be seen in Momentum 4 & Accentum. But even then Sennheiser did not reuse the headband of those outdoor headphones...
  12. I

I hope this post could provide some constructive insight. The picture above is the impedance response graph of Beyerdynamic T1 1st gen. You can see that it has about 1200Ω peaks at 80Hz and nominal impedance of 600Ω at 1kHz and above. The table below is from my personal measurement of sine...
  13. I

My apologies. I'll try to put my energy into something constructive.
  14. I

1. Bass is where the impedance peak is located. 2. I already pointed out the basically same error in another review: "The T1 is stated to have 600 ohm impedance which is already high. Turns out that the real impedance can be much worse:"...
  15. I

"Impedance is middle of the road but rises in bass to over 200 ohm (where you need most power)" No, please. An impedance peak is where least power is needed. The frequency response is a response in SPL against AC in varying frequency and constant voltage. Since the input voltage is constant...
  16. I

Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 Ohm Review (Headphone)

Dear Amir, please, stop describing impedance peak as "reality". Such description is rather provoking superstition, not science. If a headphone needed any higher voltage to reproduce same SPL at an impedance peak, a SPL dip should be seen at that frequency on the FR graph, because FR graph is...
  17. I

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

There is no need to be sorry! Actually, I want to say thank you for bumping my comment up. :)
  18. I

What a friendly interpretation of a not-so-correct sentence! I can agree that a "real" or "effective" impedance, if it should be named that way, may differ from the nominal impedance. However it turns out to be better thing, not worse.
  19. I

The nominal impedance is 600 ohm, not 910 ohm. Amirm wrote this: However, there is no such thing like "real impedance" hidden behind the nominal impedance. Despite the scary looking peak in the impedance graph, we are getting same SPL out of same voltage input at that peak frequency. Thanks...
  20. I

Headphones with higher nominal impedance require higher voltage to drive, which might mean "bad thing". Right. Does higher impedance at certain frequency (aka. "impedance peak") also mean "bad thing" and will even higher voltage be required because of it? No! It's wrong! Just plain wrong...
Top Bottom