Search results

1. A

Has civility on ASR declined recently?

I dont mean to sound patronizing or anything less than respectful. When you say you are not a fan - Wondering have you read his full book - page to page and understood it? Most of the math in this book is accurate. there are people who will criticize anything made public and such discussion...
  2. A

Thomas Piketty's Capital in the Twenty-First Century might be a good read in understanding economic issues specifically in western society. There is a fair bit of statistical evidence in book on how current setup in western society specifically economic arrangements in context of labour and...
  3. A

US financial year gets completed by Oct. Nov is spent balancing books by accountants, December follows with this activity. I dont know what is a perfect system. Using people like machines or objects is out of date.
  4. A

https://time.com/4621185/worker-productivity-countries/ Not sure if this is accurate or reflects fuller picture. I am sure france has its own set of problems but France is doing ok.
  5. A

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/ceo-of-bettercom-fires-900-workers-on-zoom-call-before-christmas/4KTNOEFCYBAZHKM4PTO273QC7Q/ Modern equivalent
  6. A

Wasnt he same guy who knocked wooden stakes into people's bottom as a management practice ? -:)
  7. A

AKG K712 Pro Review (Headphone)

This *looks* same as on my he6se and I hate it. I wish it had a more robust look like a sennheiser cable.
  8. A

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

there are headphones reviewed on this website with clear distortion and at ridiculous prices. While it is buyer's money , one would hope objective data needs to form a decision ie next step of testing a headphone to one's liking or not. objectivist vs subjectvist debate has been beaten to...
  9. A

My statement was rhetorical one as I could not understand why people fancy this headphone over another which is objectively superior for lesser price. i have no issue how you spend your money and find value in things for specific use case. $100 for a great amp and even less in used market. amp...
  10. A

I do have hd800s and love it with eq. It is not a planer. Without a proper amp it is not so great. I do have a planer sundara too and have no issues listening to it from tempotec hd sonata and cellphone(actually sounds great) . Use case does determine value for sure. However based on...
  11. A

you feel focal is a better value than dan clark at less? https://drop.com/buy/drop-dan-clark-audio-aeon-closed-x-headphones
  12. A

Musical Fidelity MX-DAC Review (Balanced DAC)

I have owned MF amps and dacs in past and currently do own one MF stereo amp /dac as well with my focal aria speakers. support offered by company is zero as expectation is that dealer will deal with it which makes support inconsistent and dependent on dealer. I also find MF's current product...
  13. A

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

you can start on following link https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets i find oratory's eq credible and this list includes koss ones too. you would need a parametric equalizer. A mate from Canada has created a nice little write up on eqs on this website.
  14. A

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

try this when it becomes available. https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-koss-ksc75x-on-ear-headphones best $20 headphone in the market. i have this and sony + other headphones like 800s and he6se etc- i am surprised how good this cheapo koss sounds. if you increase volume to very loud it will...
  15. A

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

is there a specific reason that ASR reviews disproportionately large number of topping products? Is it because topping produces objectively great products or simply because vendor is more engaged and responsive to ASR vs other vendors or Is it because of higher number of requests from ASR...
  16. A

NAD Viso HP50 Review (headphone)

designer of nad headphones pretty much saying same thing- same design. btw I have NAD HP70 - i bought it for audiophile grade sound and Bluetooth/wireless - noise cancellation is poor on this headphone. once oratory's eq is applied correctly - these are superb headphones almost old denon like...
  17. A

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

price is close to r3 especially being discounted now. perhaps different market segment based on size? if not why would one want to buy this instead of r3? meta is an excellent speaker though
  18. A

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

there should be laws against false advertising of this kind. this is just fraud.
  19. A

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

AKG 371 would be a good choice if you were checking on quality of recordings or mastering but not music listening for my tastes. I try and avoid full price where i can and look for deals. between hd800s and he6se - pretty much covers most genre of music. hd800s with Amri's eq is improvement but...
  20. A

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

I end up going to my hd800s with amir's eq or he6se dependent on music type. Sundara is good while doing chores around the house. Occasionally verum1 in study room. Verum is a Bit shouty(distortion?) On loud volume but I dont listen very loud. Here is a thought- akg 371 has excellant...
Top Bottom