Search results

1. Steve H

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

You do journalistic review “The aim is to offer an honest critique of the object under review, and to make a recommendation to your audience.”
  2. Steve H

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

You wanted to act professionally, the way people me like act. I was threatened with litigation every time I changed employers over noncompete agreements. If we had all kept quiet about employers intimidating us, we would not have won total victory yesterday over noncompete agreements. The way...
  3. Steve H

Sorry the motion to dismiss will write itself on that scenario.
  4. Steve H

Ken, you need to stop. The issue was decided a long time ago in Bose Corp. v. Consumers Union 466 U.S. 485 (1984) by our Supreme Court. Unless Eric Alexander can prove “actual malice” he will not recover any damages. And yes, organizations can “hide behind freedom of speech” as a defense. Amir...
  5. Steve H

Amir you were up early. So, staying on topic. I disagree with the idea of creating a group for reviewers. It is unnecessary. There are simpler solutions, one is disclosure. You and Erin made a mistake by not immediately posting the emails. Let the firestorm of criticism happen immediately. Send...
  6. Steve H

Morton, Why you should be ghosted. Reviewers should have no power. The last few years have shown their judgment is just not good enough. Reviews are simply an extension of companies marketing programs. If you can’t measure the SPL of a speaker, you shouldn’t be a reviewer. Wherever the line is...
  7. Steve H

Mental Health and Audio Perception/Enjoynment

We debunked this years ago. Please stop posting this stuff.
  8. Steve H

Stereophile and Audio Cables

The Stereophile and The Absolute Sound readers get upset when I know the editors and reviewers. I interact with them and they don’t.
  9. Steve H

Answer to 1. Or more likely you didn’t have courage to ask John Atkinson directly and be disappointed with his response. You are a fan after all. Answer to 2. At RMAF 2016 I introduced myself to John with you were wrong in a speaker review and asked why reviewers don’t volume match. He told me...
  10. Steve H

With Herb I would only listen to music that breaks high end audio systems. And tease him for failing a thought examination in audio. I’ve started to work on repealing the “150 Hour Requirement” so my profession (accounting) can survive. I will have to interact with academics and I’m not looking...
  11. Steve H

Then why didn’t you call John Atkinson out on his statement on Stereophile’s site?
  12. Steve H

Matt, you don’t know the audio code. When John Atkinson says, “What I hope is that an engineer who cares about sound quality might want to investigate cables further.” He is saying existing research isn’t giving us the answer we want. The chairman of the AES high resolution committee said more...
  13. Steve H

Can I be just nuts?

You don’t seem like you would fit in at What’s Best Forum so you probably aren’t nuts. If my sample size is representative of all audiophiles, then I can say audiophiles don’t hear all that well. Primarily age is the issue. My only advice would be to make sure any upgrade you are contemplating...
  14. Steve H

MQA Update

Sorry you don't want to know what I think about Meridian. Financially they were train wreck while you worked for them, except for selling MQA to the investors.
  15. Steve H

MQA Update

I consider just over 2 million pounds for 7 years (2015 to 2021) to be no revenue.
  16. Steve H

MQA Update

Spencer Chrislu
  17. Steve H

MQA Update

That’s the one. See MQA Ltd.’s financials for more detail. How could working for MQA Ltd be good times? They had no revenue and no market share. MQA started dying the moment I posted MQA is Vaporware on Audiophile Style January 2, 2017.
  18. Steve H

MQA Update

Only one I know about, the guy selling licenses.
  19. Steve H

MQA Update

You need to go back and look at Meridian’s 2015 financial statements.
  20. Steve H

MQA Update

From Jack Dorsey’s Shareholder Letter November 2, 2023, page 2. “We are going to do that again now, by creating an absolute cap on the number of people we have at the company, held firm at 12,000 people until we feel the growth of the business has meaningfully outpaced the growth of the...
Top Bottom