Search results

1. M

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

I have this USB knob connected to an rPi4, it controls the software (ie digital) volume of mpd in Moode just fine. It also mutes/un-mutes with a down-press click on the knob. This click can also be re-programmed to pause/play.
  2. M

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

I use the SPDIF out from the D10 through an impedance matcher for electrical correctness, although over a short cable, a simple RCA to XLR adapter works just fine too. ymmv. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TE6ZJM/
  3. M

DX3 Pro vs Atom + DAC

I ordered a Khadas tone board from Amazon. When I received it, there was a raspberry pi 3 in the box. It had come from Amazon Warehouse and had a Checked sticker on it, LOL. Likely they "checked" to see if there was a board in the packet, not which board. Nice scam.
  4. M

Odd issue. DX3Pro radiating noise into powered speakers, at multiples of 48k only

For anyone that's interested, here are some shots of the plate amp from the iLoud MM. The class D amp chips are TPA3118. The 2 channels going to the remote speaker pass through the two common mode chokes on the back of the amp board. Interesting they found the need for these only on the remote...
  5. M

Odd issue. DX3Pro radiating noise into powered speakers, at multiples of 48k only

Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Less than satisfactory. I even fabricated a new screened speaker cable and modded the plate amp to ground the screen of the mini DIN plug. This may have attenuated the interference marginally, but certainly not enough to claim any kind of victory. I also picked...
  6. M

Designing a 3D Printable Case for the Khadas Tone Board

Yes the printing seems correct with the board mounted the right way. I found I needed to countersink the lower case holes so the screw heads were flush with the case, otherwise they would have been a surface scratch hazard. I could always attach some small sticky feet over the screw heads...
  7. M

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

I would recommend you look at iDefender.
  8. M

I put several ferrites on the speaker cable, usb cable and DC power cable. No effect at all at reducing the induced noises. I set up a mic in front of the left speaker and set the DAC to 192k. I took a quick recording of the sound, amplified it and made these spectrum plots in Audacity. Freq...
  9. M

Ill gladly try the ferrite chokes on the speaker cable and report back, thanks. I feel like I may have opened up a can of worms though. If you think of these iLouds that appear to be susceptible to radiated noise as a kind of EMF detector, we may have exposed a potential design flaw in the...
  10. M

Hi, I am enjoying the DX3Pro very much with these highly rated IKmultimedia iLoud Micro speakers on my desk, but I have found a very strange issue. The DX3Pro is fed by USB from MacBook Pro. I mostly listen to Radio Paradise via Roon Internet Radio with no oversampling, and the DAC runs at 44.1k...
Top Bottom