Search results

1. J

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Tekton seems like they are doing a lot of damage to themself...
  2. J

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Since Amir cares about science, i wish he would listen to speakers, post his opinions, and later the measurements. Knowing the measurements and listening later puts so much bias into the subjective listening review that it is almost not worth much.
  3. J

How to use SVS Sb-1000 high pass filter with Audiolab 6000A (play)

i had a pair of JBL powered speakers and a subwoofer, with high pass. When I added the subwoofer, the speakers totally changed and the midrange became much more "easy" and less distorted.
  4. J

WiiM Pro Plus > Active Sub > 2x Aiyima A07 Max > Speakers + Room correction - Will it work?

Did it work? I think you are missing the biggest potential benefit. To get a high pass filter on the LS Meta speakers. They are "small" speakers and removing the low end below 80-100 Hz will significantly improve the midrange. I would use Path: Streamer > DAC > Sub (low pass to sub, high pass...
  5. J

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Can you share the inside of your current products?
  6. J

Introduction to the SmartCross project

Did you make a longer post about this one? I think the Mini DSP has zero competition. I have so many old android phone and old laptops, that I could easily repurpose one as a streamer-DSP player.
  7. J

well, AVRs are known for sounding, well, not very good.... See here how they struggle to get past 100 in SINAD
  8. J

Amp recommendations for efficient speakers

Did you ever find an AMP? and finish the TG TL III?
  9. J

Super cool project. Dont take all the "manufacturer" BS too hard. I think there is missing a lot of "digital DSP" options out there. This might be out of scope for feedback. But could I optimize DSP filters for different positions in the room? Sometimes I wish, my speakers would ("turn", and)...
  10. J

Please recommend: Aune X8 XVIII Bluetooth vs Topping D50s

as long as you use bluetooth, it might not matter.... I have the Aune X8, with Sparkos, but I cannot hear the difference everyone talk about
  11. J

Subwoofer experiments can be enlightening!

This is an excellent video, explaning bass and subwoofers. And why some speakers works great at some frequencies and not. Super interesting! Do you agree about the video.
  12. J

Aune X8. My overview.

Does anyone know what part of the DAC that is FPGA ??
  13. J

How to improve my setup? Elac DBR62 + Pioneer A-505R + Topping d10s DAC + Wiim Mini streamer

A bit late to the Party.... but As others said, move speakers out... 1. I am not clear how you use the streamer, the output is not great. You should use a DAC that can take the optical out of the Wiim Mini or use your PC into the D10s. The output to speakers from Wiim Mini is really no-go. 2...
  14. J

Topping a90d vs topping pre 90

How is the remote of any of those?
  15. J

Khadas Tea - New smartphone dac and amplifier

Mine arrived last year.... I don't have much to compare it to, but damn..... it got power, my Bang & Olufsen H4 headphones suddenly sound so musical, clear, powerful, and strong base and lots of details in mid and top but lush !!!! My headphones also have an internal DAC/Amp via Bluetooth, but...
  16. J

New AUDIOPHONICS MPA-M500NC 374 euro = 415usd for monoblock NC500!

I just noticed the airintake in the bottom is in the front where the air out is in the top back.... quite smart
  17. J

moode audio + apple usb-c dongle +aiyima ao7 - good idea?

buy a used USB DAC.... Buy I am not sure you will like the sound if you go used to the AB sound...
  18. J

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Yeah, some good deals https://shenzhenaudio.com/blogs/news/the-biggest-328-spring-sales-turn-on TOPPING: Get up to 20% off models like EX5, G5, DX1, D90SE, A90 Discrete, E70V, MX3s, etc. Truthear: At 15% off on its whole line-up SMSL: Up to 12% off models like SU-10, SU-9N, D1se2, D400EX...
  19. J

Xduoo MT-604: DAC / Pre-Amp

Well.... late to the party but the XDUOO MU-604 DAC is the right answer, currently on Drop https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-mu-604-dac
Top Bottom