Search results

1. T

Best Very-Nearfield monitor for bedroom mixing

Thank you both! I forgot to mention that my primary mixing setup is a SMSL-SU8s -> Monoprice THX 887 -> HD 598cs balanced XLR. I am looking into new headphones and using the 598cs with the Tanchjim Space to mix on the go but that’s for another thread. I wanted monitors to compliment my...
  2. T

Thanks for your in-depth reply! A few things have changed since I've made this post: I ended up buying some Kali LP-UNF with isoacoustics stands after seeing Erins review. With the smaller monitors, I can afford my monitors being a bit less than 1 foot from the wall! I'm also under a lofted bed...
  3. T

Kali Audio LP-UNF

Interesting to think about. I'm mainly looking for long term smaller form factor monitors (for mixing and sound design) that I can eventually pair a sub with. I wouldn't mind eventually buying the Kali WS 6.2 just to use with these in the future due to no sub output. Would it be worth doubling...
  4. T

Kali Audio LP-UNF

This looks incredible for a budget compact monitor pair! What are everyones opinions on these vs the iLoud MTMs?
  5. T

Even though the Kalis aren't as compact, they make up for it by the fact that I can put stuff on top of the bass unit. For example, a DAC or an Interface. The minidsp is nice, but it is quite a bit of money just to correct my room when I could use that app and their measurement mic for 1/4 of...
  6. T

Yeah I would definitely want room correction, and while I'm not opposed to doing it myself, I would love to eventually be able to afford the Neumann solution. In terms of the IN-UNF, the only things I have on my desk are a mechanical keyboard, DAC + AMP + Audio Interface stack, and maybe a...
  7. T

Very nice! I will consider this but one question: How far back is your listening position currently, and how wide is your desktop? It would seem like my desk doesn't protrude out of the wall as much as yours does, but I would just want to double check.
  8. T

All of this is wonderful advice, thank you! I will keep an eye out for good deals on those speakers, but for now I think I will try as hard as possible to get the alignment right on the LP-6s and room correct them once my setup is finalized.
  9. T

Knowing that my current monitors could be good enough with some tweaking is reassuring. I will try to mess around with my monitor arm spacing to see if it will help with the spacing, I am struggling to get that to work on my 50+ inch desk. However, I am considering an upgrade to the V2's or...
  10. T

I am very interested in the IN-UNF, the form factor seems to be absolutely perfect for my use case. Have you had issues with the perception of sound coming from underneath like Erin has had?
  11. T

I get your sentiment, but for right now I don't have a better option other than headphones.
  12. T

500-700 USD for the pair would be ideal, but I'm not opposed to saving a bit more if the sound quality is worth it long term.
  13. T

Hello everyone! I'm in a bit of a predicament, I already mix/sound-design in headphones most of the time, but I would like some new monitors that are as good as they can be for a tiny bedroom setup. I already own some Kali-LP 6 V1's, but they are just too large for me to get accurate...
Top Bottom