Search results

1. dmusgr

Any Point In Upgrading Purifi Based Amp with Sparkos Opamps?

Is upgrading the Opamps in a Purifi based amp snake oil or does it yield an audible benefit?
  2. dmusgr

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Listening to mine in my 2.1 system now used as both DAC and preamp fed Tidal from my old phone by USB Sounds great! No problems here. It does get quite warm, warmer than my Class A/B Rotel amp, and warmer than my SMSL DO400.
  3. dmusgr

Can Anybody Assist With my Optical Issue?

Wow, I apparently can't read. Thank you. I had given up on anything working already
  4. dmusgr

My TV. I tried all the HDMI ports.
  5. dmusgr

It's just connected HDMI to the box above, and optical is connected to the other side of the box. I've tried into my DAC and my AVR.
  6. dmusgr

It is supposed to convert HDMI to optical. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084T4QDFP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
  7. dmusgr

So I ordered a powered box that is supposed to convert HDMI to Optical, and it doesn't work on either my DAC or AVR. I think everybody is correct, the TV is at fault. I'll just live with using BT for a while from the TV to the DAC, it seems to work fine. I'm not listening to music from the TV...
  8. dmusgr

I've got a DO400 but I really, really want to keep it in my bedroom for headphone use.
  9. dmusgr

I've got everything but optical pretty much dialed. I don't have anything else to test with, so it's either going to be BT or HDMI to optical from the TV to see if that works. I'm assuming the optical out on my TV is junk at this point. Real glass optic made no difference over cheap plastic...
  10. dmusgr

Gotta say the BT thing is kinda cool though, if anybody comes over and wants to listen casually, they can just BT to the device and play their own playlists, etc. First time I've ever really messed with it other than in my car, and it was super convenient to make sure everything actually worked...
  11. dmusgr

Well that isn't cool! I can't believe I didn't see anything regarding that before I bought it, I'm a big researcher. Nobody to blame but myself. I've had it for months and just opened it. I don't know if I'll put my DO400 in the living room and see if it works properly, or just go straight...
  12. dmusgr

Long, long time lurker, first time poster with a possibly dumb question. I'm a headphone guy to get that out of the way. I decided to throw together a 2 channel setup for music and movies. Here is the problem I'm having... Optical out of my TV into my Topping DX3 Pro+ works, but it is...
Top Bottom