Search results

1. J

SOLD: Denon AVR-X3700H AV Receiver; 9.2ch 8K AVR with 3D Audio & HEOS

Does this have the updated HDMI 2.1 board? (Serial # ending in 70001 or higher)
  2. J

Kef to announce new products?

Wish it was a little wider and had a bit more tapered Blade-y look, but probably asking too much in the target price range for that complex of a cabinet.
  3. J

Hope this is the rumored LS50 Meta + KC62 active floorstander… mini-Blade!
  4. J

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

The biggest benefit isn’t technical but aesthetic. There’s a huge price and size gap in KEF’s more visually interesting “flagship” designs between the LS50 and Blade Two. It’s a prime location to insert a product to compete with B&W, Sonus Faber, Focal, Paradigm, etc. that have more...
  5. J

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

Reference level parts/cabinet in a non-box form factor is the dream. I would definitely upgrade my Ref 1s for that. The boring visual design is really my only complaint about the Reference line.
  6. J

You paid full price on the Ref 3s? :(
  7. J

Looking at hifishark history, they were selling between 7-8.5K prior to the Reference Meta announcement. There’s a Rosewood pair up for 8.2K right now. I think 10K is a bit ambitious now that the Meta is out.
  8. J

I imagine it will be a more compact form factor than the Blades also. Both Blades are huge!
  9. J

I’ve read two different claims in KEF Facebook groups that there is an active LS50-based floorstander with integrated KC62 coming. Just rumors for now but that would be a fantastic product if it really is true.
  10. J

A few people on KEF Facebook groups are claiming dealers are telling them the new Reference line is coming in April.
  11. J

Stereophile electrical system improvement article

Besides the obvious conclusion that this completely invalidates all his previous reviews, I’d like to point out Fremer is the guy who joined an audiophile Facebook group, got laughed out of it, wrote a column about how thick-skinned he is and how he was totally unaffected by the experience, then...
  12. J

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

This track vibrated my ears when I cranked it. Quite an interesting sensation!
  13. J

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

Why not R2C for the center?
  14. J

Dutch&Dutch REW integration

Thanks. Is that something in REW or using Bass and Sub in the Active Room Matching section of LanSpeaker + running REW again?
  15. J

Dutch&Dutch REW integration

This is what I get when following the D&D instructions for using REW. Any thoughts on ways to correct the valleys between 60-300 hz or best to leave it alone? I feel like I have a bit less energy in some of my music than I'd like, but not sure if it's just psychoacoustics knowing there's a big...
  16. J

VZR Model One - Audiophile Gaming Headset

Thanks, just sent an e-mail.
  17. J

ASUS AI Noise-Canceling Mic Adapter Review

With regards to cheaper - I am guessing you aren’t familiar with the GPU market these days.
  18. J

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

fwiw before an edit it read as this: "Macrodynamics - None unfortunately. Same as Noire and other DCAs typically. " I am guessing that means bad.
  19. J

Ok, I can confirm it's the 1/4" adapter that's the issue. No matter what I tried with it, I just could not get good sound with it. I reseated the 3.5mm plug multiple times and used 3 different amps - same condensed, muddled sound with all. None of my amps have a 3.5mm port so I finally dug up...
  20. J

I received my preorder today and was quite disappointed. It sounds muddy and congested, with a condensed soundstage. Volume felt like it kept on going up and down as well. Maybe I got a defective unit.
Top Bottom