Search results

1. systemshock

Designing a 3D Printable Case for the Khadas Tone Board

@owsla Thank you for sharing your build. The idea with the light saber is great :-)
  2. systemshock

Yes, that is the one. I looked it up on Amazon. Here is the exact model: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B003KQ5EFM/ It is a really nice screwdriver for everyday tasks (e.g. opening a desktop's case, assembling a Khadas board, etc. :) ) As for the drill bits, one such as this should do the job...
  3. systemshock

Thanks for the info :) I will see if I can find a reseller for those in Europe. Otherwise will have to deal with the customs again, lol :-) Everything over 15EUR has to be cleared, VAT to be paid, documents to be filled, etc. :p
  4. systemshock

I used a 4mm drill and made some holes, as shown on the picture below. The idea was to have them exactly under the board, so that when the air enters the case, it will go up and then around the board, on it's way out. As seen on the second screenshot, there are no other holes and the only way...
  5. systemshock

Hello, @drewfIr ! Thank you for sharing your build. It turned out really well. I am glad you have found the model useful. Can you share what is the brand of the RCA cables you are using to connect the Khadas board to the Atom? The whole setup looks quite nice :-) Also, I want to share an...
  6. systemshock

Watermarking: what do we know?

Yes, maybe you are right. What troubles me is how they worded it. They are not saying "we do not watermark" or "we do not alter the original audio sources in any way". Instead they say "These identifiers do not affect the playback experience in any way". What "playback experience" means in this...
  7. systemshock

I looked up some of those articles. They are still online and contain some good info, if you are interested. (Offtopic: Turns out the "some years ago" in the post above is no less than 10 years. One of the articles is from 2008. Time really flies :) ) Universal's Audible Watermark. This...
  8. systemshock

About the business case: Amazon calls this "Record Company Required Metadata". Here is a thumbnail from the description they provide for U2's Songs of Innocence album (the mp3 version): You can see the full information on that topic here...
  9. systemshock

Looking for DAC/ AMP as replacement for Topping DX3Pro

Khadas Tone Board + JDS Atom is a great combination. I went for that and am very happy with it. There were several reasons: 1. I wanted a separate DAC/AMP combo. 2. There is a local Khadas distributor in my country. You may be able to find one near you too. 3. JDS are offering great service and...
  10. systemshock

Some "interesting" claims by Pro-Ject re: their new CD transport box...

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway. -- Andrew Tanenbaum They are not approaching the problem from the right angle. The ultimate transport for CDs should be more in the lines of: Even a pack donkey, or a carrier pidgeon may be a good...
  11. systemshock

Hi, @drewfIr ! I am sorry I could not reply sooner. I live in Bulgaria and used the services of a company situated in my country -- Rast. They are really good, have quite a lot of experience and provided me with help in the process -- with the choice of polymer to use, whether the box is...
  12. systemshock

@maxxevv , thank you for the feedback. Here is a little modification that can be used to add ventilation to the box. In short, one can use the short standoffs to raise the lid. To do that, you add a small deburring to the holes in the corners of the box, to attach the standoffs and sink them in...
  13. systemshock

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

They should work, yes. Right now I am using it with the cable that came with my phone. In fact, you may be forced to replace the original one, as it causes problems; check out this thread on their forums: Audio cuts out randomly. I've had the exact same issue and fixed it by changing the cable...
  14. systemshock

The case arrived today. It fits the board quite well. I have updated the previous post by removing the "not yet tested" warning and also have added pictures of what the printed box looks like. With the use of a bit of fine sandpaper, it should be possible to make the surface smooth. I will try...
  15. systemshock

As most of the 3D printable cases out there are intended for the generic edition of the tone board, I designed one, which should fit both the generic and the VIMs edition. (btw, the Audiophonics case doesn't fit the VIMs edition too). You can download the model here...
  16. systemshock

The guys from Wesion (the company behind Khadas) have published official measurements and CAD files for the tone board: https://dl.khadas.com/Hardware/ToneBoard/Cad/Tone%20Board%20v13%20CAD%20Files%20(SLDWRKS,%20STP,%20PDF).zip Inside the archive you will find both the CAD files and a bunch of...
  17. systemshock

Reducing the output level from a DAC

Wow, thanks a lot! This is a very useful feature. I think this pretty much answers my question.
  18. systemshock

Thank you for the replies! I mainly use Foobar, but sometimes I also use other sources, like YouTube/Spotify. It may be that I am overestimating the distortion caused from loss of bit-depth. I was under the impression that even if the DAC supports 24 or 32-bits, reducing the volume digitally...
  19. systemshock

Hello! I am currently facing a challenge with my setup and would be grateful if I can get an advice on the issue. The post came out quite long. That's because I tried to describe the situation as accurately as possible. Coming from an engineering background (albeit a software one), I understand...
Top Bottom