Search results

1. U

Behringer ECM8000 calibration file

I finally bought a new Sonarworks mic for € 46,50 euro incl shipping on a Dutch second hand marketplace. I will soon open a new topic with the measurements in REW. Thanks all for your thoughts.
  2. U

Should I use filter settings or impulse response REW

Okay guys, I think I know enough for now. Thanks for your support!
  3. U

I used 1/6 as smoothing. So I should use the variable one? I already moved the monitors and desk and little has changed. Is the q of parametric EQ's all the same? So if I add a q of 3 in REW, will the q width be the same in, for example Fabfilter, after adding them in my DAW? I did the...
  4. U

I already moved the monitors and desk, no change. I downloaded the Convology XT free plugin and hope it will work/accept the REW impulse response file. But for me the most important is the low frequency area, let say under 300Hz. But it would be great if I'll be able to eq the whole freq. area...
  5. U

Indeed, REW has a lot of possibilities than I can imagine. I'm not sure if I should also EQ the small dips/peaks manually, or just the big ones. And up to which frequency range should I stop eq? One says up to 200Hz, or 500Hz and the other 800Hz.
  6. U

Latency can be reduced by cutting out the quiet parts in the convolution file. At least if that's what you mean. I was planning to use the Convology XT VST plugin on my master bus and when exporting songs I will turn it off. I think I'll go for the EQ variant, because convolution is too much...
  7. U

Coincidentally, I was reading about the new ARC 4 hardware. I'll wait until enough people have bought it to get reliable reviews. I have done a left and right monitoring measurement and want to make an eq of both separately. I'll see if I can find some reviews at dominikz.
  8. U

I bought myself a calibrated Sonarworks mic and did some measurements. In the EQ section of REW I performed an EQ correction on the room response. Now I want to export the final setting to use it with a parametric eq- or a convolution VST plugin in my DAW (my room is not treated). Which of the 2...
  9. U

Guys, I think I'll go with the miniDSP after all. Unfortunately they ask for a visa card on their website and I don't have one. Is there an alternative visa, such as a temporary one that I can top up? Does anybody have experience with this?
  10. U

Probably the UMK-1, unless you don't mind a USB version. In my case I am looking for an XLR version. No USB for me.
  11. U

UPDATE: After further research on the internet and Facebook group for acoustics, opinions seem divided about the ECM800. It is said that the ECM8000 can be used for (non-scientific) work, in my case a home studio environment. Furthermore, it is said that the responses are mostly flat in the low...
  12. U

Clear, I understand. Thank you.
  13. U

"you give them the serial serial number and they send you a file for your particular mic. They should not be interchangeable." The file is downloadable without any serial number: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/search-results.html?brandName=behringer&queryStr=ecm8000 "Yes, but that's part...
  14. U

Anyway, the ECM8000 is not going to be it. Which of the following would you advise me: - Sonarworks (€ 77) - Presonus PRM1 (€ 89) - Superlux ECM999 (€ 39) Don't know if it has a calibration file.
  15. U

How reliable are they? Unfortunately, I think the price is too much. Uncalibrated they cost 35 Euro (Thomann). For the price of 99 Euro there are other variants that sure are reliable. Behringer should have done it right when it put the microphone on the market. Once something gets a bad name...
  16. U

I'll believe you if you've tested more than 1000 microphones :-). By the way, what about reflections of sound (walls/ceiling etc) while measuring a microphone. Don't those false waves cause confusion? Or do you measure in an acoustically treated room?
  17. U

Wow, that's pretty unreliable. What I don't understand from Behringer is why did they make a calibration file available on their website if no two EMC8000s are the same? Do you think that the current ECM8000 has now been adapted and improved? What about the Presonus PRM1 vs Sonarworks...
  18. U

I have read it and it is far too complicated and I also need a second mic. Unfortunately, it is of little use to me.
Top Bottom