Search results

1. H

Amp for Polk L800's - NonDifferential

Unfortunately, everything you recommended failed. I tried switching the DAC to NOS MODE, same distortion. Then I switched to usb and coaxial, same result. I haven’t heard anything from Aurender yet. I’m using an Audioquest Carbon AES cable. It plays the same no matter what delivery method I...
  2. H

Hi, all good points! I had to help my son last night so I didn’t have any time to test. I will test those points when I get home from work and keep you informed. Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated!
  3. H

I'm sure the crossovers are pretty complicated because it takes the signal from the other speaker, inverts the phase and plays it. Sounds pretty complicated to me.
  4. H

I have a very short video but it won’t let me attach it.
  5. H

I just say the B & W's are about 29 years old, the Polks are new!
  6. H

I think they sound great with all types of music but I am strugglng alittle with the setup. I originally set them up with the house decorated for Christmas, about 7.5 feet apart and made my listening position about 10 feet from them. I really liked them there and was very happy. Asthetically, I...
  7. H

I wasn’t sure if using balanced cables were a problem so I redid the whole thing in RCAs. Now I have to go back and reinstall the XLRs. Lol
  8. H

So I have an Aurender N10 output connected to the AES input connection on my Holo May Dac. I was using XLR cables from the Holo May to a Integra pre amp 80.6 input. The Integra Preamp is what I use to control the system Volume.Then more XLR cables from the out side of the Integra to the Rotel...
  9. H

It only happens when I use streaming content. When I play music from my library it plays fine. I thought it may be a problem with my Aurender N10. I don’t see anywhere in the setup to allow changes to inputs. I had a pair of B & W 801 Matrix Series 2 before and never noticed Anything. I just...
  10. H

If you started from the beginning you would have noticed it 20 seconds into the song. I tried playing it on Spotify also, (I forgot I had it) and it did the same thing.
  11. H

Thank you! It’s not a hi rez song, it was 16/44.1
  12. H

It is. It’s the Toadies, Heretics - The Appeal Is the name of the song. If you have Qobuz and you can listen to it to see if yours act differently it would be greatly appreciated. Are you using balanced cables to your amp? I’m thinking I want to go back to the balanced cables.
  13. H

Hi, I also just purchased a set of the Polk L800’s. I have a Rotel RB-1090 amp. I used it for a few days with the balanced connections With an Aurender N10, Holo May KTE DAC, and a Integra preamp. It sounds amazing with all my stored music. I tried to play some music off Qubuz and the song All...
Top Bottom