Search results

1. joeinabox

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I've been wanting to upgrade my SMSL SU-8 V2 that's feeding my Monolith THX-AAA-887 and, of course, the RME ADI-2 DAC FS V2 has been calling my name for a while. It was in consideration when I got the SU-8 v2 but I went with what my budget permitted. Now, that itch started up again last week and...
  2. joeinabox

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

I‘m opening my THX AAA 887 as I write this. I’m not going to form an Opinion until I get my SMSL SU-8. could someone tell me if the power button clicks on your amp like the input button does? Please tell me it’s normal that it doesn’t cuz I’m gonna cry if I need to send it back.
  3. joeinabox

Desktop DAC/AMP Recommendation

A laptop soundcard... really? If that's your unbiased conclusion based on your measurments analysis, then I suggest you get a professional to look at your measuring stick, there's something wrong with it. But I know, I know, this is one of those couple communities that wasn't picked for the...
  4. joeinabox

Desktop DAC/AMP Recommendation

I went with the NFB 11.38 and never looked back. I highly, highly recommend the NFB 11 series and Audio-GD as a company. Contrary to what I've read here, the NFB11.38 does not colour the sound, the R2R11 does but not the 11.38... IMHO. Apart from a couple niche communities like this one and...
Top Bottom