Search results

1. R

Connecting a S.M.S.L SU-1 DAC to a Pioneer VSX-935 Receiver

I had forgotten to connect the TV to the blu ray player through a HDMI cable; as soon as I did it, it worked! However, I didn't notice any increase in audio quality. I did several tests here playing the same song on the Blu-ray player WITH and WITHOUT the DAC, and there was no noticeable...
  2. R

The blu ray doesnt have analogue output, only digital (coaxial) and HDMI. I have already set it to PCM.
  3. R

The blu ray doesnt have analogue output, only digital (coaxial) and HDMI. I have already set it to PCM.
  4. R

I bought and received yesterday a S.M.S.L SU-1 DAC, but I can't get it to work in my setup, between a Sony BDP-S6500 Blu Ray Player and a Pioneer VSX-935 Receiver. As the DAC only has one type of output, analog, it must be connected to the receiver's analog input (RCA). The Blu Ray player, in...
  5. R

What input renders best audio quality in stereo

To listen to music in stereo, does a CD Player (or a Blu Ray Player) connected to a receiver play with better audio quality if it is connected to the HDMI, Coaxial, Optical or Analog input?
  6. R

Assigning sources to receiver audio inputs

Yes, I have. Unfortunately has not solved the problem.
  7. R

Assigning sources to receiver audio inputs

I have a Pioneer VSX-935 receiver and, to listen to CDs in stereo, I connected the Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-ray Player to the receiver via the coaxial digital audio input, see image. Then, in the receiver settings, I assigned COAXIAL to the CD input, as the manual recommends it, but even so, the...
  8. R

DAC for a Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-ray Player

Would you think this an option?: Sony digital output (coaxial) > digital input (coaxial) on Pioneer
  9. R

DAC for a Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-ray Player

I usually listen to my CDs and music files (FLAC and DSD) on the Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-ray Player, connected via HDMI to the Pioneer VSX-534 Receiver, and I'm considering replacing the Blu-ray player with a Marantz CD6007 CD Player to perform the same functions (play CDs and music files (FLAC and...
Top Bottom