Search results

1. X

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

The benefit from HDMI ARC for stereo is being able to easily control everything from one remote and sync power states between devices without any setup. My Nvidia shield remote "just works" with my WiiM Amp.
  2. X

Stereo DAC/amp with HDMI ARC Support?

Glad to see more devices offering HDMI ARC support, but it looks like the HDMI ARC implementation isn't great: Post in thread 'SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-do100-pro-hdmi-arc-dac.53361/post-1942686 HDMI ARC is hard to get right. My...
  3. X

Stereo DAC/amp with HDMI ARC Support?

I got my WiiM Amp and absolutely love it.
  4. X

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

https://ohmspeaker.com/legacy-products/3/ 8 ohm 50-125w those are mostly vintage speakers and look super hard to drive
  5. X

Maybe just your speakers? I'm using the klh model 3 and get zero distortion at high volume.
  6. X

Just got the hotfix firmware update and HDMI appears to be working great so far. Audio works on sleep/wake from HDMI source and I haven't been able to reproduce the garbled audio issue from two firmware versions back. Will keep testing but good news so far! Love my WiiM Amp and appreciate how...
  7. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Just got the hotfix firmware update and HDMI appears to be working great so far. Audio works on sleep/wake from HDMI source and I haven't been able to reproduce the garbled audio issue from two firmware versions back. Will keep testing but good news so far! Love my WiiM Amp and appreciate how...
  8. X

WiiM Amp discussion

I've said it before, I'll say it again. WiiM is truly the hardest working in the business. They were super fast to jump on this issue!
  9. X

WiiM Amp discussion

I found a weird alternative to rebooting that might indicate the root cause of the issue. If I go into the LG TV audio settings and cycle between PCM, auto, and bitstream after a few times through the audio suddenly starts working again without needing to reboot the entire amp. Weird. Please fix!
  10. X

Is anyone else seeing significant regressions in HDMI behavior since the firmware update rolled out yesterday? I'm using my WiiM Amp with an LG C9 and Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) with HDMI CEC and auto sense enabled. Since the update yesterday, whenever my TV goes to sleep upon resume the WiiM Amp...
  11. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Is anyone else seeing significant regressions in HDMI behavior since the firmware update rolled out yesterday? I'm using my WiiM Amp with an LG C9 and Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) with HDMI CEC and auto sense enabled. Since the update yesterday, whenever my TV goes to sleep upon resume the WiiM Amp...
  12. X

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I experienced digital output instability with two different brand new units and multiple other people have complained about this same issue elsewhere. I think the NAD D 3045 has a faulty design. Furthermore, NAD customer support was totally unhelpful, unprofessional, and ultimately blew me off...
  13. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Buddy just got a PCB version 2 that sounds totally fine, so I think the PCB version theory isn't 100%.
  14. X

WiiM Amp discussion

WiiM is the hardest working in the business!
  15. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Out of stock already. That was quick lol
  16. X

WiiM Amp discussion

In stock at crutchfield!
  17. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Didn't happen with the nad d 3045 or Arylic b50 using HDMI arc and CEC FWIW.
  18. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Seems I spoke too soon. CEC wake from standby seems inconsistent for me. Sometimes when I power on my TV audio output immediately starts. Other times, however, I still have to wait ~5s until audio is output (presumably for auto-sense to kick in). Anyone else seeing this? I filed a ticket.
  19. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Yep. I have this same issue. With or without fade in enabled in the WiiM settings. I reported it to support, but please also report it, too!
  20. X

WiiM Amp discussion

Cast firmware: 1.56.31 0669
Top Bottom