Search results

1. V

Help with Sound Proofing / Noise Reduction

Thank you, stoo23. Exactly. I'm not looking to create a sophisticated, world-class recording studio here in our house. I just wanted to see if it were feasible to achieve decent sound reduction between the two rooms, by adding to or modifying the existing ceiling/floor between them. I've been a...
  2. V

Thank you. Isolation certainly sounds like the way to go. Because the office above is an easier room to renovate, we'd be looking at isolating the floor. No vents or other ductwork between the rooms. The floor/ceiling could be filled completely with insulation. If we pull up the subfloor and all...
  3. V

Yes, of course. Sound resistance or sound reduction is what we're after. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term soundproofing! :D
  4. V

Might another approach be to redo the floor in the room above the studio? We were considering redoing that floor anyway, and I would actually prefer this, as it would remove the necessity to completely break down the studio (and my wife's study has practically no furniture in it - just a table...
  5. V

Wow, interesting! I will check Kinetics out. :cool:
  6. V

I'm hoping to get a little guidance with a sound proofing (or at least a sound minimizing) project I'm about to begin. I have a home recording studio on the downstairs level of our house. Directly above it is my wife's study. The ceiling/floor only contains some yellow insulation. So there's...
Top Bottom