Search results

1. Alfredo02

Sonos approach to subwoofer

Thanks for your response Point is that Sonos launching last yéar their mini Subwoofer for 350 euros, it makes almost impossible to do a competitive DIY project in dual opposed subwoofers, since they have risen significantly the bar, particularly in pricing. Several issues should be addressed...
  2. Alfredo02

Speakers deconstructed

3. Alfredo02

Sonos approach to subwoofer

I was enticed to build a dual opposed subwoofer, with two SB Acoustic 8" SB23MFCL45-8 , at a 150 eur each, and a Hypex Fusion plate 251, since it can take up to 2,2 ohm impedance output, at 350 eur. Dual speakers I knew (Rhythmic G25HP, PSA S3010, S3611, Paradigm sub,...) have much higher...
  4. Alfredo02

Wireless ATMOS: WISA. FLEXCONNECT, ..., are they ready?

Thank you very much for kind answer. We may need to recognize that it is to early and best will be to wait for companies Iike miniEDS to make a move. It is sad to see how technologies that are ready to fit a real and existing need in the market, users can not take advantage of them due to...
  5. Alfredo02

MiniDSP has announced it's Flex product line will have WISA capability "soon". Has not given a date, but it is encouraging.
  6. Alfredo02

Maybe that's another option. Thanks . Platin announces their own transmitter, but it is nothing more than a rebranded WISA SoundSend, since WISA sells it's transmitter B2B as a white label. This all started since I wanted to use my existing set of active speakers. Maybe it is the right...
  7. Alfredo02

Hi All, I'm building at home a wireless Atmos sound theater. And looks to me that it is still closer to sci-fi than to reality. When analyzing wireless transmitter technologies, soon most of the common ones disqualify due to lower latency, bit rates or many other requirements, since they need...
  8. Alfredo02

What is generally the best material for speaker cones with the least compromise and most benefits?

I think it is interesting the approach SB Acoustics is following in their mid range cone drivers product line. Aside from the Satori line, It looks their strategy is to use the same motor and overall structure, just changing the cone material on their product families: NRX: paper fibers...
  9. Alfredo02

Speakers deconstructed

KLIPSCH has got several awards from audio and general press with their KLIPSCH the One II, as the best wireless speaker, getting into a collaboration with the McLaren team, to my knowledge purely to marketing purposes, not technical of any kind.
  10. Alfredo02

Speakers deconstructed

Sonos "ERA 3000" SONOS claims literally the ERA model is a all-in-one speaker capable to support spatial audio with Dolby Atmos, making it easier than ever to experience immersive, enveloping sound you can feel "all around you". Here is its breakdown
  11. Alfredo02

Speakers deconstructed

Inside the world of Bang & Olufsen (2 of 2) Beolab 4 Beolab 8000 Beolab 18 Beolab 50
  12. Alfredo02

Speakers deconstructed

Inside the world of Bang Olufsen ... Beolab 5 Beolab 4 Beolab 90 Beolab 2 - subwoofer Beolab Penta
Top Bottom