Search results

1. W

Interesting new Cambridge Audio streamers MXN10 and AXN10

Folks, currently I feed my active speakers with Fiio Bt30pro as receiver from my laptop through bluetooth. Do you think replacing the bluetooth receiver with this would benefit the SQ? Thank you
  2. W

What is the next step ? - Newbie

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/embracing-simplicity-in-audio-anyone-else-skipping-room-correction-measurement-microphones-and-the-like.49838/post-1785911 Here you are Also I have been toying again with the idea of changing the Fiio Bt30pro that is now feeding the...
  3. W

Embracing Simplicity in Audio: Anyone Else Skipping Room Correction, Measurement Microphones, and the Like?

That's dope room you have there. Is that green bike a synapse ?
  4. W

Embracing Simplicity in Audio: Anyone Else Skipping Room Correction, Measurement Microphones, and the Like?

New comer to the forum, my first thread was asking what would be next feasible upgrade outside my current setup. Was told room correction/measurement is the way to go. The steps are pretty daunting and technical for beginner like me, also price of UMIK-1 is almost double compared to say US and...
  5. W

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: SR009 paired with BHSE and Neko Audio DAC, but sold it around 8 years ago, pure high end bliss Audiophilleo + pure power, got it used and at good price, indeed sounds better Sennheiser HD580 - one of the best in its price bracket ATH M50xbt2 - definitely not the best but works for me...
  6. W

My first time spending more on audio. Am I doing it right?

Yes, most likely I wont be able to distinguish the differences and I'm not ashamed to admit it
  7. W

I assume you will use this setup while working or relaxing while browsing internet on your desk? If you are, youre in the same situation like me in the past. Most of the time I dont really care about the details in the music as it serves as soothing background element while I'm working or...
  8. W

Good luck but I'm pretty certain you'd want something else:p :p
  9. W

Another choice from HD6XX is its younger sister 5XX, which I heard is the same as 580. If it's indeed is then I prefer this to 650 or 600
  10. W

Allow me to chime in, HD6XX is a solid choice for starters in fact its been considered borderline high end. LCD-2 is pretty power hungry so you would want to try it out first on your setup before jumping in. The rest of the headphones you mentioned ,I have not hear it
  11. W

I am looking for headphones with wide soundstage

Yes, proper headphone amp. This cans is pretty picky on the amp too as far as my experience goes. I bought it because of jumping into hype train back then
  12. W

I am looking for headphones with wide soundstage

Owned AKG K702 long time ago, need powerful amp to bring out its potential. To me the soundstage even though it's wide but sounded a bit hollow
  13. W

Best Audiophile Bluetooth headphones Topic

I have Grado GW100X and ATH-M50XBT2. Love both. The regular ath is pretty much a gateway "drug" to high fidelity headphone (I wont say its an audiophile grade yet). The BT version I can say pretty much similar to the regular.No ANC though. LDAC only. As for the Grado, it share a bit of regular...
  14. W

Step up from Elac Debut Connex

Hi Static, thanks for becoming the first again to answer my question, LS50 is probably too expensive and big. My room is small. Besides from where I came from, price of KEF is pretty inflated (same as Klipsch). I did auditioned LS60 briefly, even though its wayyyyy out of budget and utilization...
  15. W

Step up from Elac Debut Connex

Folks, I have Elac Debut for less than a month. Curious of what would be the next step or couple steps up from this. Prefer to keep it in active bookshelf wireless speakers domain. I've auditioned Dynaudio Xeo 10 and feels like the sound sig lack warmth even though its more transparent. Maybe...
  16. W

Refreshing movies worth watching

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1082807/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk The Belko Experiment - gruesome, sick and twisted https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582846/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk The Fault in Our Star - my favorite tear jerker
  17. W

Hi Joe, thank you for the compliment and yes I'm waiting for Spotify to come up with Spotify hi-fi which they have been promised in implementing for couple of years. As for room tuning suggested by static, I will eventually do it, in the meantime I'll stick to what I have first which is IMHO...
  18. W

Thanks again. Seems to me it's kind of long journey and lots of trial and error. Bit OOT, my approach/principles in the audio world are 1. Sound is extremely subjective 2. More expensive doesn't mean better. 3. Confirmation bias is a bitch in this hobby 4. Not buying into cable, interconnects...
  19. W

Let's say I buy or borrow the UMIK's , what I do is to use this to measure the room and input the results to REW software that will churn out numbers which I'm going to apply to the speakers and sub settings. Then remeasure again and get REW to calculate EQ settings and apply it using Equalizer...
  20. W

thanks, indeed I'm looking to soundproof my home office as well, as to prevent sounds leaking out too much and bothering the neighbour
Top Bottom