Search results

1. A

Help setting input sensitivity on Genelec speakers

Thanks ! The SPL is lower, the sound is more relaxed in this configuration and i can use more of the volume knob. Any chance to overload something at +6 dB regarding 6 Vrms output level of the preamp ?
  2. A

Hello, Thanks for your reply ! Regarding technical specificities of the Nuprime HPA-9 preamp, we know that his output level is 6 Vrms. This isn’t written on their website, but directly on the packaging. If i leave Genelec input sensitivity to the maximum (-6dB) i can’t turn the Nuprime volume...
  3. A

Hi, Thanks for your reply ! Can you explain me in which case i could overload the pre-amp or the speakers ? I used to have the speakers sensitivity to the maximum (-6 dB). In this configuration, i can’t turn the pre-amp volume over 1 o’clock with a quiet piece of music. It gets too loud above...
  4. A

Hi all, I have a pair of Genelec 1030A active speakers and a Nuprime HPA-9 preamp. The preamp have an output level of 6 Vrms and my Genelec have a variable input sensitivity from +6 dB to -6 dB. I use this system to listen music only. As a newbie, i don’t know where to set the input...
  5. A

Genelec 1030A input sensitivity with Nuprime preamp ?

Ok, so i got way more output than needed for the speakers. This doesn’t mean that i can have sound quality problem (too loud sound) by setting them on -6 dB, the highest sensitivity ? Regarding the 6 Vrms output level of the preamp and Genelec 1030A specs, there is no other more precise...
  6. A

Thanks, i will leave it at +6 dB for a moment and see if there is a real improvement. There maybe no distorsion, but the sound at -6 dB was very loud quickly and over-detailed i would say. However, I’m not sure to listen with the same dB when comparing the two gain positions… Maybe this sound...
  7. A

Thanks for your reply ! Can you develop a bit ? Why it would be better in this configuration ? By listening at +6dB, despite having more room on the Nuprime volume knob, i think that the sound changed a bit. I used to listen with -6 dB setting. It is less « in your face » sounding, especially...
  8. A

Hi all, I'm a newbie and I have a question about input sensitivity of my actives speakers. I have a pair of Genelec 1030A that i use to listen music with a Nuprime HPA-9 preamp. My sources are an Apple computer and a Technics turntable. I don't know where to set input sensitivity of the...
Top Bottom