Search results

1. J

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

This is a comment I respect and that makes sense, it's still a possibility the brain can play tricks on you sometimes I kind of agree to that. To be honest I haven't tried the blind-tests yet or not in the proper way you did it.
  2. J

Then my friend I feel bad you for, when I listen to music i'm enjoying the music, i'm listening to it and not only measure it. When I eat food I don't only look nutritional properties, I just taste it. Every headphone has it's own colouring and flavor for everyones taste and ear. No instrument...
  3. J

It's not that simple, I also wouldn't consider the topping A90 as a boring sounding amp, just with the Susvara to my ears there were much better matches. I love to EQ and I EQ almost every headphone I have, but I never managed to get a topping A90 sounding like a flux FA10 or sounding like my...
  4. J

First fase is always the honeymoon fase, you loved the Susvara. Then following by the harder fase of "is my invested money worth the price fase". I get it for the full price of 6000 bucks I wouldn't bought it either, especially if you don't have a decent speaker/headphone amp laying around...
  5. J

Yes ofcourse, 20K minimum budget for a speakeramp and preferable in 2 seperate monoblocks for extra depthss and full 3d stage. Comes with a 5k power cable though for max details
  6. J

I threw a 114db through my old vintage speakers powered with my luxman speakeramp and to my surprise while holding my ear against the speaker I think I heard distortion, also my closets and windows were shaking.
  7. J

What does it say to take a legendary piece of equipment (who has been reviewed by thousands of critics over the past 7 years) and take a dump on it. take a vague measurement, and suddenly consider it measuring(=sounding) like a 20$ iem. This all in the name of "science" while highly laugable...
  8. J

Good for you, that means your ears/brain is the limit and be glad that your audio hobby is cheap. Then hifi is nothing for you, nothing wrong with that too. Me personally I can hear alot differences in detail, transparancy, soundstage height, width and depth when going from 20$ iem's to a...
  9. J

Well you can buy it for around 3700$ (refurbished) from site of hifiman itself with 3 year of warranty, which is still alot of money ofc. Could be a good deal for those like me who really like the texture, timbre and transparency which makes them unique. But let's be honest no is paying 6000$...
  10. J

I'm not expert in this at all but in my experience so far when it comes to "mid-fi or hi-fi" is diminishing returns are a big thing to consider too. For example a Susvara is maybe 10-15% better than a HE400SE, but costs 15x the price. From a pure rational perspective it's not worth the price...
  11. J

I don't think anyone ever claimed the Susvara was the king of anything, because of it's high pricepoint this headphone has always been tested in a very critical way. But I did my own research I found most trustable review sources (and with this I don't mean youtube) claiming this headphone until...
  12. J

The HD800S is wide sounding, not 3D like, not really spacious, it doesn't have much soundstage depth imo
  13. J

These "distortions" does it really mean "error" or does it maybe means something else? maybe these distortions/resonances are exact measurements what the Susvara is actually designed to sound like and done deliberately? Like for example the susvara is known to sound spacious, 3d like, some call...
  14. J

I guess my own ears and many ears of others over the 5 years fooled us all then? I could swear the HE6SE V2 and Susvara was the most delightful sounding headphones out there.
  15. J

Susvara vs HE1000se (vs Stealth)

Does that mean the Arganic is on same level of the HE1000SE? Or is there still a difference? Did you happen to compare these 2?
  16. J

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

I have received the Arya Organic for couple of days now and I deliberately waited for couple of days to write my impressions because I have done alot of AB. I have my Hifiman Edition XS for 1 year now which I compared a lot to the Arya stealth and eventually returned the Arya stealth because...
Top Bottom