Search results

1. escape2

Squeezebox (streamer) replacement?

My old Squeezebox2/Classic has served me well for the past 16 years, alas, it seems to be dying and I don't think I'm capable of fixing it. I want something nice looking, primarily to use as transport (don't care if it has a DAC or not), with a nice display. Support for Logitech Media Server...
  2. escape2

How is amplifier frequency response measured?

Sorry if this was addressed somewhere earlier - not sure how to search for this - maybe there is a thread that describes this that someone can point me to? How is frequency response of an amplifier measured? I understand it's done with a frequency sweep generator, but is it done by subjecting...
  3. escape2

Floorstanders up to $1,000/pair?

If you only had $1,000 to spend on two new floorstanding speakers, what would you get? Assume music listening only. No home theater. I am a bit of a basshead, so something with slightly elevated low end is preferable, as well as being relatively easy to drive. JBL 580? Tekton Lore? Emotiva...
  4. escape2

Fixing Foobar2000 problems with ASIO2

For years now, I have been experiencing random freezes in Foobar2000, causing "Unrecoverable playback error: Timeout" when advancing into a later section of a track/fast forwarding. I finally came across this old thread the other day that describes my problem and why it's happening...
  5. escape2

FMOD high pass filters?

Does anyone have first hand experience with these? https://www.hlabs.com/products/crossovers/index.htm Do they actually work as advertised? Any attenuation, distortion, noise issues? I am mainly interested in an inexpensive way to filter out bass at line level (RCA) going from preamp to my...
  6. escape2

Under $200 DAC recommendations?

Looking for a DAC with USB input and decent performance (SINAD) that has a nice physical volume/attenuation knob and display, and a remote control, under $200. What are my options here? Loxjie D30? Topping DX3 Pro? What else? Thanks!
  7. escape2

Physical speaker measurements: driver dimensions

Is there any sort of standard within the industry pertaining to how driver sizes are listed? For example, if a speaker manufacturer states that their speaker includes a 6.5" driver, between which two points exactly is that 6.5" measured? Is it between the ends of the rubber surround? Is it...
Top Bottom