Search results

1. J

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I would concur with the 9-11 range with HD6XX. I’m on low gain coming from SDAC. Getting much above the 11-12 range isn’t comfortable imo for extended time periods.
  2. J

I accidentally didn’t push the headphone plug in once and it sounded off. I think it was shorting and only in mono. Seemed fine after correcting that.
  3. J

Hopefully JDS comes out with a matching updated DAC for the Atom.
  4. J

I'm on a Mac and will set the system volume to 100% going to the DAC and adjust volume on the amp itself. I've had the O2 + SDAC longer and on that setup, in low gain, I'm usually in the 9-11 o'clock range. On the Atom it seems like the pot is configured a bit differently so maybe 10-12 o'clock...
  5. J

I agree with the comment about the Atom volume in low gain. I also have an O2 + SDAC combo on my desk and with the HD6XX more of the volume range (knob travel) is useable on the Atom.
  6. J

I’ve got an Atom + SDAC and that combo works well. I’m using with HD6XX.
  7. J

Yes, if you turn the volume all the way down (almost 6 o’clock) it should turn off and the light should turn off. There is a second slightly delayed click after the click on the knob. If I understand correctly this is the relay that sticks. A firm tap on the top of the enclosure is recommended...
  8. J

So mine has stuck on 3 times already in as man days requiring firm tapping to turn it off. Does this get better or should I be contacting JDS?
  9. J

Just got my Atom and my SDAC should arrive tomorrow. Since the DAC isn't here I've only tried it just running of my iPhone X (through the lightning adapter) and there seems to be plenty of power and more volume range seems usable vs my O2 + SDAC on low gain. This might be due to lower output of...
  10. J

Optical Cables "Toslink"

The Monoprice 25’ premium HDMI, routed between AVR and tv through the same smurf tube, is working like a champ too for 4K in HDR and DV. I know I know why the optical if I can use ARC. That requires turning on hdmi controls which gets in the way of my harmony elite turning things on and setting...
  11. J

Optical Cables "Toslink"

Nice! Mines in a smurf tube so it’s pretty protected.
  12. J

Optical Cables "Toslink"

This is the one I’m using. Amazon basics is good stuff as well. https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=301&cp_id=30109&cs_id=3010905&p_id=6273
  13. J

Optical Cables "Toslink"

I just buy my cables from Monoprice. So far so good and I have a 25’ plastic optical going from tv through the tube to receiver that works perfectly and only cost a few bucks.
  14. J

SDAC + O2 a good budget choice?

I’m a bit new here as I’m just not getting into headphone audiophilia. Been into home theatre stuff for a while. A lot is definitely the same but there is also a lot I’m still learning. I have the O2 + SDAC combo and I’m for the most part happy with it. I dont’ have any complaints with it’s...
Top Bottom