Search results

1. T

Help with odd problem: SMSL AO200 emits hissing sound only when connected to a tweeter

RandomEar, In continuation of our dialogue and to confirm your point of view, I would like to leave here a link to a YouTube video in which tests are carried out comparing expensive audiophile amplifiers with very inexpensive ones, which show a vanishingly elusive difference in their sound. The...
  2. T

Help with odd problem: SMSL AO200 emits hissing sound only when connected to a tweeter

I agree, I also think that this is a clear malfunction on the amplifier side. Regarding the second... maybe, just noticed two things: AB amplifiers were fun to listen to, but mine were a little harsh, although this can be attributed to accuracy. But the voices and instruments actually seemed...
  3. T

Hello! Today I tried both connection schemes, unfortunately the result is the same, hiss remains. In fact, you can no longer hear him a meter or one and a half away. So I'll leave it as it is. But at the same time I listened to how AB amplifiers played, much more natural than this one, even...
  4. T

In my case, the squeak comes only from the high-frequency speaker. The amplifier is absolutely silent. It's a couple of meters from the speaker: And this is right next to the tweeter: This connection didn't help either: I'll probably wait until Sunday to try it on a speaker with a separate...
  5. T

Thank you! I have a new version of these speakers and there are only two terminals. And this was my attempt) And naturally the other ends of the wire into the amplifier with the appropriate polarity. This Sunday I will have the opportunity to try this circuit on speakers with separate...
  6. T

Hello! I'm new to this forum. I have the same (hiss sound from tweeters) problem, but on smsl AO200 mk2. I want to try your method. I bought the same chokes, but for now I connected them outside the speakers to the cable and terminals. There is no result. Or is that not how it works? And do I...
Top Bottom