Search results

1. T

How to Determine Native Audio Sample Rate of Media in Windows

Hey All, Does anyone know of a way to determine the native sample rate of media in Windows? I would like to avoid the Windows mixing engine's re-sampling of the audio stream. Without application specific support for WASAPI Exclusive/ASIO mode the only way I am aware to avoid re-sampling is...
  2. T

Intona USB 3.0 Isolator Review

I believe I was one of the first to purchase the new line of isolators prior to their public launch, I originally had S/N 2. I had a problem with 'blurps' when it was in the chain. Intona was able to respond quickly, identify a firmware issue, patch it and send an advanced replacement. I...
  3. T

Revel Salon2, B&W 802 D3, or similarly priced speakers + Benchmark chain?

Oh man, this is news to me. I didn't even know about the Samsung acquisition. Now it makes sense about the new Mark Levinson gear going plastic... no more bead blasted aluminum buttons on new gear. Sad times indeed.
  4. T

Currently travelling and my laptop has only a 1080p display, I am not aware of how to capture 0-20kHz in REW without zooming out (thus the 50dB scale). I have attached bass response 0-200Hz with 10dB increments. In the zone that matters for 'boomy' bass [50-80Hz] I am only running 10-13dB hot...
  5. T

I was in a similar situation deciding between the Salon 2 and 800D3. I never got to audition either prior to purchase. The reason I went with the B&W was out of fear that the Salon 3 was on the horizon, a refresh has to be imminent at this point. I recently had the opportunity to listen to a...
  6. T

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

Classe at least includes bandwidth in their specification THD+N measurements (both 500kHz and 90kHz). They also include a SMPTE 4:1 IMD spec. https://www.classeaudio.com/products/delta-mono/ I am biased though, I just bought mine yesterday ;)
  7. T

Auralic Vega G2 Streamer and DAC Review

Nice work Amir! I am truly impressed that there is no ESS hump. Looking forward to the clock review, my prediction is that it is audio jewelry.
  8. T

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

I never insinuated you questioned the consumer's right to buy what they want. You clearly stated that "Nobody needs a DAC like this" and went on to list various manufacturers that are cheaper who can't match the measured performance of the Tambaqui. My point was that there is clearly a market...
  9. T

You know the best thing about a free market? The consumer can decide whether they want to purchase it or not. Judging the tenure of Mola Mola, I would say they are meeting their revenue goals and appropriately priced their gear for the target market they want. I like the premium build and...
  10. T

I asked Benchmark if they had plans for a successor for a more powerful AHB2. They said there wasn't even anything on the drawing board for a new amp. I can't blame them, the AHB2 is selling like hotcakes (3 week lead time if you order today). Maybe in my dreams a 1kW Benchmark amp :)
  11. T

Am I missing something here? AHB2 in mono [500W 4ohm <0.0003 THD+N] wipe the floor with the referenced the Nord NC1200 implementation [480W <.008 THD+N]. Even in the actual measurements I posted of the NC1200 Mola mono implementation, the AHB2 affords magnitude better distortion at the same...
  12. T

I drank the Mola koolaid after seeing this review and am in the process of constructing an extremely low distortion system. I have plans to trade in my AURALiC gear that are currently with Amir for measurement for the Tambaqui (unless the AURALiC stack turns out to have god-like performance...
  13. T

How much amplifier power is required?

That is my conundrum right now. I currently have a pair of Simaudio Moon Rocks 1/2/4kW @ 8/4/2ohm (who knows if it can actually hit 4kW at 2ohm without melting): https://www.stereophile.com/content/simaudio-moon-rock-monoblock-power-amplifier-measurements But I want the low distortion of the...
  14. T

Thanks Amir! For your reference this is the response I got from their support group for latency via USB: The latency depends of the sample rate. These are the average latency values: 44.1k: 55ms 48k: 48ms 88.2k: 28ms 96k: 26ms 176.4k: 14ms 192k: 13ms Kind regards, Sjoerd Kiewiet |...
  15. T

@amirm could we please get a measurement of input latency? I think this would be beneficial to add to the suite of standard tests for those of us who watch videos so we know which DACs will cause lip sync issues.
  16. T

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

Impedance matching is important but has seem to be properly designed for in the modern era so much so that it is not an issue consumers have to worry about much anymore. You want your DAC to have a very low output impedance and your amp to have a high input impedance. If proper impedance...
  17. T

WolfX700 Measurements of HoloAudio Azure

I use a pre-amp solely because it affords multiple XLR outputs per channel and has very low distortion. I need the additional XLR output for stereo subwoofers. Passive splitters are a no no and active splitters (or at least ones I have seen) do not spec anywhere near as well as audiophile preamps.
  18. T

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

I have an AURALiC Vega G2 and LeoGX combo that I am interested in measuring. Currently off at the factory for a check up (it was having issues running in WASAPI Exclusive/ASIO mode) but I would be willing to send them to @amirm for testing when I get them back in January. The problem is they...
  19. T

Currently have an AURALiC Vega G2 and Leo GX combo that is going back for service and need an interim DAC to fill the void. Was thinking of giving the PRO MQA a chance to unseat it as my reference and selling the loser but I can't get a good deal on one because of the tariffs. I will probably...
  20. T

@amirm did you ever receive a response from @MatrixAudio about this? I am also curious why the Element X fared better in the jitter test. Happy Thanksgiving, Tony
Top Bottom