Search results

1. gizmo90

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

I came to this thread to say the same thing. An integrated would be awesome. Be even cooler if they used two TPA chips for BTL and built in PSU.
  2. gizmo90

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

The Cerwin-Vega LA14 seems really impressive. Have it paired with a SMSL DA-1/SU1 combo. Subjectively I'm finding it a super fun listen. Kids have it so good these days.
  3. gizmo90

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Cerwin-Vega, excuse me, Cerwin-Vega! LA14 or LA165. I'll have the LA14 later today to see if I prefer them to the Sony sscs5 in my office setup.
  4. gizmo90

FedEx Damaged My Sub in Transit and Denied My Claim

I think your point of view is defiantly valid. It would be a nicer world if people cared more about the jobs they do; and to quote Mr. Natural, they would "Get the right tool for the job!". If I don't do my job right I would loose it. So I feel ya. By the way I use a lint roller to clean my...
  5. gizmo90

My thought too. It's by no means an easy job. I feel for them.
  6. gizmo90

Received a Yamaha A-s1100 from Fedex a few years ago. The box was damaged and the slector knob and volume knob were loose. I just had to tighten them so no big deal. But yeah they have gotten worse ime since pandemic. They often put down bs excuses at my current spot too. "customer not home" or...
  7. gizmo90

Wishing a Merry Christmas, Blessed Hanukkah & Covid Free 2024 New Year to all our members and visitors.

I hope all of your audio dreams come true in the new year!! :D :D :D With love and much respect, -Gizmo
  8. gizmo90

Happy Holidays!!

My bad, I am seeing the other Holiday thread. Did not mean to be redundant MODS please feel free to remove this thread.
  9. gizmo90

Happy Holidays!!

Happy holidays to all of you audio nuts and scientists alike. May all your audio dreams come true in the new year!
  10. gizmo90

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

I was using the USB on a laptop for the tests. I think the bottle neck in my case is the speakers. The Lintons are wonderful speakers, but I don't think they are the best thing around obviously. I think the Sanskrit is a good match for me and my system. The D2R is great I just didn't really...
  11. gizmo90

I did a blind test with the help of my wife with Sanskrit MKII and the VMV I did not pass. My ears aren't as good as I thought or DACs basically all the sound the same. I'm starting to think a lot of this stuff is in your head. I sold/selling my expensive cables too. I feel free! Used the money...
  12. gizmo90

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKIII teardown

The MKII is supposed to have Nichicon Fine Golds. I think they used those blue caps in some. Might have been a supply chain issue. You can see it in the MKII review thread. Really digging the MKIII so far! Its DACtacular.
  13. gizmo90

I sold mine. Perfectly happy with Sanskrit MKIII I got as a replacement.
  14. gizmo90

Can different CD *transports* sound different - when fed into the same DAC?

Thank you for all your thoughtful replies! I really appreciate the help and understanding. Next weekend my wife as agreed to help me with this blind test. I will use "Jazz at the pawn shop" all burned to CD-rs I will hopefully be able to sit far enough away from the units not to get the "tells"...
  15. gizmo90

Can different CD *transports* sound different - when fed into the same DAC?

This may be a stupid question. I'm one of those people who hears differences in transports. For example to me Sony UDPx800 blu-ray player doesn't sound as good as an Onkyo c7030 or Rotel CD11 tribute spinning CDs into the same DAC. I'm trying to distance myself from this. It just doesn't seem...
  16. gizmo90

I like it . Sounds very similar to a Rotel CD11 tribute but a tiny bit better. The D300 lacked detail/seemed a bit muffled. The D1SE2 was nice but the HF response bothered me no mater what filter. D2R is between the two mentioned I suppose.
  17. gizmo90

Well different gear with the same music gives me different emotional response. The biggest one being joy. Why is that? Rolled off treble?
  18. gizmo90

One day I hope the subjectivist and objectivists will work together to bring a new understanding of Hi-Fi and human conciseness. How does one quantify the emotional response you have to gear/music? Perhaps some kind of Voight-Kampff type test. :cool:
  19. gizmo90

Nice, I'm glad you got that sorted out. Before the objectivists tear you a new one, thanks for sharing your comparison! What filter and sound color did you use?
Top Bottom