Search results

1. baron-bob

miniDSP 2x4 HD Sweetspot-audio Mod Review

agreed of curse He was thinking about registration, he wrote, but was not sure if it would make a difference or if he would find open ears because of the harsh climate towards him in thread.
  2. baron-bob

Sure, I agree. I would estimate that he would share the measurements from Gecom but I don't know. For now I will wait until further info from Amir and/or Sweetspot.
  3. baron-bob

I contacted Sweetspot yesterday and already got a reply. I have to agree with Ah-ra that it would have been better to get a statement from him bevor publishing the review. It can indeed have a negativ impact on his business and therefore deserves a fair chance. He also wrote that he values all...
  4. baron-bob

yes, you got that right. I do not know what the policy is here in that case but Amir already asked me about measurements from the company. I will get in contact with them this week. But I want to say, as silly as it seems, when I called that guy last August and talked with him about the 2x4 HD...
  5. baron-bob

Yeah, I really do not know how to confront Sweet-Spot Audio with this:oops: But I think I will to call him about it and perhaps he is willing to share his own measurements with us. I will give an update about it.
  6. baron-bob

What I meant is that the pre-out of the AVR gives out a analog signal. The DSP has then the task to capture it as good as it can and to also give out an analog signal to the AMP. What is lost in dynamic range at pre-out of the AVR that can not be recovered by DSP, or do I get something wrong?
  7. baron-bob

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/master-thread-are-measurements-everything-or-nothing.29062/post-1013795 Makes absolutely sense that a DAC should not have a "flavor". Question answered:)
  8. baron-bob

Hello fellow members, oh boy how stupid and naive I must look to you right now :eek: (this is sarcasm, my favorite spice to live:) In general I do not think that trusting people is a bad habit of me)...
  9. baron-bob

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Hi, that's interesting to hear. I did not had the opportunity to test the upgrade by my self so far because I send it straight to Amir after I got it back from Sweetspot. The modified dsp arrived two weeks ago at Amir's place. I did not got a reply from him since then, so I'm not sure when it...
  10. baron-bob

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

Just a small update: I received the upgraded 2x4HD from Sweetspot Audio last week and it is now on its way to Amir. I hope it will arrive safely...
  11. baron-bob

Is it smart to use MiniDSP 2x4HD for DSP/FIR/convolution in an Atmos/Auro3D setup?

No point in arguing with that. Of course one (I) has to learn a lot. But one reason for me to become a member here is to get the information I need to do it right. My plan is to post my process in detail at some point so that anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or were I could do better. I...
  12. baron-bob

Is it smart to use MiniDSP 2x4HD for DSP/FIR/convolution in an Atmos/Auro3D setup?

I already got the Secrets of Audyssey PDF in the past and I think I got the best out of it. But I do not understand your point in general. Is automated calibration convenient and the best solution, if one do not know how to do manual calibration or does not have the interest to do it...
  13. baron-bob

That would be in contrast what is stated by OCA here which I fully trust in regards of his expertise. Please feel free to point me to a source which describes and explains how to get better results with Audyssey than with manual calibration as described by OCA. If there is a way or method I...
  14. baron-bob

I got your point but by what I know at the moment Audyssey falls completly out of the picture right know because it is only working in the frequenzy domain. I have MultEQX right now but only use it for mains till 400Hz because it makes things worse and for the subs MSO which is fantastic. Dirac...
  15. baron-bob

Thank you very much. I was looking for these kind of reply's which give me a better general understanding of the matter and what to take into account. I will surely share my experiences here in the forum.
  16. baron-bob

Thanks that was very helpful! Because I also use my system for gaming it would be a really annoying if the delay would be over 100ms or so.
  17. baron-bob

I'm from Germany. I could get one for 2500€ from GB it seems. It would be nice to have only one device tough....
  18. baron-bob

The number of tabs being used is directly related with the delay that is introduced by the filter right? Can you tell me what the delay will be if all tabs of the 2x4HD are used? It has ~4000 and it would ~2000 for each channel when utilized for two channels?
  19. baron-bob

Valid point. It will be probably a hermeneutical process ; ) Thanks for the tip about the 110f. I will look into it but daaaaamn it is expensiv. Not sure if even a used one will be less than 3000€ and perhaps it will take an extra license for FIR support.
Top Bottom