Search results

1. A

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

johny_2000, even though Sennheiser HD 800/800S has large drivers unfortunately its thin earpads are designed to give you less than perfect/loose seal which significantly reduces the quality of subbass (with 10db bass boost to EQ it to Harman target curve you will hear subbass presence but you...
  2. A

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

What are the recommended PEQ settings for 560s 2023 version? (most likely made in January or February) Austrian Audio x65 has a weird frequency response, so I doubt it is better than 560s without EQ. The same goes for Austrian Audio x60 which somehow got a very high score on Oratory's...
  3. A

Moondrop Paradise, Amazing curves!

Did anyone try Moondrop Para with Oratory's PEQ settings? He added -9.5db preamp to compensate a steep bass roll off
  4. A

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

$15 Hifiman Comfort Strap from CapraAudio on etsy may help with XS headband uneven weight distribution (I tried HE6se v2 which has the same headband, and I can definely say that on my head this type of Hifiman headband can only be called a torture device. I couldn't wear it more than 15 minutes...
  5. A

Amplification and The HE6se v2

I see, then it must be high unit to unit variation with he6se v2, since I don't feel its bass slam as powerfull as it is described by many users, I'm using the latest Oratory's settings with -5.6db preamp (I would described the bass as average/acceptable, I also tried decreasing the low shelf...
  6. A

So if I use -5.6db preamp for EQ that would mean 108db SPL peak without distortion/compression of low frequencies (enough voltage swing)?
  7. A

Sorry for a dumb question again, in case he6se v2 have real impedance 64ohm and not 50ohm, as it was the case with he6se v1, will Topping L30 ii be enough to drive them without distortion? I can't find 64ohm load on this measurments:
  8. A

I was asking about Fiio K7 because I have it as a backup for Sabaj A20d. I never listen louder than 77db (82db peak), usually I prefer about 70-75db when EQed to Harman, so I guess 8Volts from K7 should be more than enough for that volume, unless my he6se v2 unit has higher impedance than...
  9. A

I believe EQing blindly by ear is a two way sword, you can improve the sound of one track and at the same time diminish another, that's why from my experience Oratory's settings are the best all around, at least as far as Hifiman headphones are concerned.
  10. A

I followed your advice and disabled PEQ settings and negative preamp, and I feel the overall stock sound seems much better without EQ, so I guess it either means that there is not enough amplification power (somehow I thought I would hear lack of power with a clipping sound from the Sabaj's...
  11. A

Sorry for a dumb question, is it possible that my HE6SE V2 unit sounds dull with Oratory PEQ settings with -5.5db preamp because of an inadequte amplification? I'm using an unbalanced output of Sabaj A20d 2023 (HPA Power 2W*2 16Ω, 1W*2 32Ω - not sure if these specs are for unbalanced or...
  12. A

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

Arya Stealth have a strong seal, some people even called them a "torture device" on reddit. HE1000 Stealth have a comfortable seal (not perfect), so they can't offer the same level of sub bass extension by default (when both EQd to Harman with Oratory PEQ settings), however you can easily add...
  13. A

[PEQ game] If you only had 3 (or 4) filters...

I noticed that Jose Hidalgo found a solution for Low and High Pass filters for EqualizerAPO. I'm not sure if these filtres go as high as 100dB+/octave: Here how it looks like: # Extremes Cutoff for EqualizerAPO Filter 1: ON HPQ Fc 30 Hz Q 0.50241929 Filter 2: ON HPQ Fc 30 Hz Q...
  14. A

Is there an USB-C Dongle DAC with PEQ/EQ yet?

KA17 doesn't support shelf filters. Only 10 peak filters. PEQ filters on iOS devices are not supported at all. It supports shelf filters, but there is a total limit for 7 filters. Is there any dongle that has 10 or more filters and supports bass and high shelf filters?
  15. A

Audeze MM-100

I waited for Oratory's PEQ settings and afterwards just forgot about them. (I guess it means I have too many headphones). With latest Oratory's PEQ settings they sound OK (have more resolution than even very expensive dynamic headphones) if you listen at high volume about 75db and don't care too...
  16. A

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

I have a pair. Its frequence response even worse than MM-100's, and no amount of EQ can help to fix it, no matter what Harman Score was measured on a dummy head. Sundara is uncomfortable and lacks resolution, basically sounds like a dynamic headphone. There is a reason why it is cheaper than...
  17. A

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

Very very good out of the box without any EQ and great with Oratory EQ as well (if you like Harman bass boost). Especially if you listen to vocals/classical music. Current price for new pair is $759 if you buy online at Hifiman store. Audeze MM-100 - not worth $400. If its price was $100 then it...
  18. A

Audeze MM-100

Nothing to write home about. Bizarre frequency response and poor sound stage. The driver/magnet speed is great, the pads are poorly/economically designed which resulted in a very uneven frequency response that probably only individual calibration with a couple of binaural microphones in your...
  19. A

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

As far as audiophile headphones are concerned I think you should try planar magnetic headphones that don't have V-shaped frequency response. Hifiman Arya Steath and HE1000 Stealth are both very pleasant with and without EQ to Harman Target. For me Planar Magnetic driver techology was a breath of...
  20. A

Audeze MM-100

Does anyone know how to convert the graphic measurments to AutoEQ csv frequency response profile? I had my MM-100 unit measured by Sonarworks, here is the frequency response:
Top Bottom