Search results

1. M

Gustard H16 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Thanks, I saw that, but after I ordered from Shenzhenaudio, not Apos. BTW, while I may not have had to pay any customs or taxes, DHL is currently so enraging me that, like John Adams in the play/film 1776, I have such a desire to knock heads together. In my previous experiences with shipping...
  2. M

Thanks, I ordered it and there does not appear to be any duties (or NJ state sales tax).
  3. M

I'm finally ready to buy this (and likely the X16 next month) but, like other people, found that Apos no longer carries Gustard. (It seems to be one of a number of brands that have disappeared from Apos recently.) It's not a real problem since Shenzhenaudio carries it at the same price with free...
  4. M

SMSL M400 & M200 new dacs!

Your characterization of this site is spot on. That's why, although I do find this site to provide useful information, I consider it a gathering place for cultists.
  5. M

Topping D90 vs Denafrips Ares II?

I don't think you checked that carefully, though I guess it could be confusing. If you check the site of their only distributor (Vinshine Audio), you will find the price of the Ares II just over 1,000--in Singapore dollars. If you look more carefully, there is a separate available option to buy...
  6. M

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

BTW, the review appears to understate the USD price a bit. According to the website of its US distributor (Vinshine Audio) it's currently $768 USD, apparently including free shipping--and an order lead time of approximately 6-8 weeks, which I believe applies to all Denafrips DACs. (I'm...
  7. M

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I just ordered a balanced five foot cable for my Sennheiser HD700 from Periapt for $65 with free shipping. I've heard mixed, but mostly good, things about their cables and am anxious to try it. Frankly, I'm sure they won't be as nice in look or feel as the very nice 1/4 inch cables I have from...
  8. M

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

That's why I ordered mine this morning from Amazon and will have it on Friday. I'm retired and had to wait for my SS payment to be deposited before I purchased, so I missed ShengenAudio 's sale by a few hours, or I might have bought it even with slower shipping. Also, if there are any issues...
Top Bottom