Search results

1. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

Apple Music via Airplay 2
  2. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

Does anyone have any problem with Wiim Pro not going into standby mode? I set it to 2 mins in the Wiim app, but still doesn't work. I usually put my Wiim devices (mini included) behind smart plugs but wanted to try my Wiim Pro to act like one and trigger my amps on demand.
  3. G

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Apos sells TOPPING PRE90 + EXT90 Preamp and Input Extender for US$224.10. But when you click on it, price goes up to $763.20 Bait and switch?
  4. G

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Latency is the biggest problem if you are watching TV. Compromised SQ is a problem for music. I have done it myself long time back and preferred other means. I've owned Sonos Connects (plural) for more than a decade and have tried everything with it.
  5. G

When you are prepping for colonoscopy, you will spend a whole day in the bathroom / toilet. But that day will not come until you reach 50. By that time, perhaps non-invasive alternatives would become available.
  6. G

If you own a Sonos Connect (or Sonos Port as they call it now), you can feed it with analog audio from TV via RCA, then play the sound to any Sonos device including this SYMFONISK. But don't expect perfect sound quality with this solution.
  7. G

Hypex Ncore NC502MP - audible hum on one channel?

No. My Panamax did not take care of the issue.
  8. G

Polk S30 Center Speaker Review

Bought mine $375 new from Adorama 2 years ago when they were clearing out the LSiM line. It could handle power and play loud (85db, 95db peaks) without losing composure in my open-floor plan.
  9. G

Any issues when pairing Purifi or Hypex class D amps with home cinema AVR?

3.2V peak or rms? It's better to talk to the assembler as input sensitivity may vary depending on implementation/input buffer. As boXem stated earlier:
  10. G

It does have 1.39 Vrms input sensitivity, but it's an ICEpower based Class D amp. In this day and age, I would pick a Hypex/Purify based amp over ICEpower based amp. There are many discussions in ASR that explain why. A good choice for AVR/HT application would be the NC252MP or the mono...
  11. G

Exactly. And I'm glad and impressed that you got the point of my post. It is best to have an external amp with "input sensitivity" close to your AVR's rated pre-out voltage. A little over is fine, but not 3x or 2x because you would end up paying for that extra power rating you can't use.
  12. G

I mentioned "input sensitivity" and you explained "sensitivity". Those are different. The input sensitivity is calculated as below (for NC252MP as an example):
  13. G

It matters because AVRs have limited pre-out voltage and it varies by manufacturer and model. If the power-amp's input sensitivity is too high compared to the AVR's pre-out voltage, then you end up NOT being able to fully utilize the capability of the power amp in spite of how powerful that...
  14. G

Hypex Ncore NC502MP - audible hum on one channel?

I once had hum/buzz issue on my power-amp equipped HT system. I was able to localize the issue and found the root cause to be the coax cable feeding my set-up box which then pass the noise via HDMI into my receiver then into my amps. I fixed that issue by introducing a hum-eliminator coupler...
  15. G

I have a similar Monoprice RCA to XLR cable but I don't use it on my VTV Hypex amp. I never had issues with that cable and I have used it in many applications such as but not limited to: 1) Sonos Connect ==> JBL 306p MkII, 2) D50 ==> A23 power amp, etc. I bought a pair of this Neutrik RCA to...
  16. G

Outlaw 2200’s seem under driven by my denon.

This is the most logical response but did not get OP's attention. To your point I only use THX certified external amps with my Denon to match the AVR's gain and to fully utilize the amp's power given the limited pre-out voltage from AVRs.
  17. G

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I found this Passive Balanced Monitor/Amp controller/preamp discussion here in ASR itself. Lots of cheaper alternatives if only volume-reduction functionality is needed. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/passive-balanced-monitor-amp-controller-preamp.11891/
  18. G

Correct, my mistake, it's the E30. I'll edit my post.
  19. G

Thanks, I see the issues discussed in the ASR D30 Pro thread, typical for new product. I don't want to be one of the early-adopters facing these issues. I would rather wait till a new firmware is released or hardware is fixed (worst case). Thanks for the suggestion.
Top Bottom