Search results

1. bilzebubba

Good-looking wifi speaker

I think the JBL has Chromecast, so Roon can happen that way (and is the way I use Roon). The Unit will be in a bookshelf designed to fit either, so size itself isn't the issue, but the ability to fill a long narrow room (15x30Lx10h) with good dispersion is
  2. bilzebubba

Quick review of Naim mu-so wood edition (2nd gen)

Yes I want to get away from the amp/passives to a more all in one solution for the look-factor, for sure, but also for a less demanding setup in terms of sweet spot. I shall try to get to Toronto to see which is more forgiving of the two in that respect, this or the similarly priced, but twice...
  3. bilzebubba

Quick review of Naim mu-so wood edition (2nd gen)

Thanks for this review! I do wonder about the shorter (2 years) warranty vs the 5 years offered by its beefy but similarly priced competitor, the JBL L75ms, since some folks with the Mu-so 1 experienced a lack of repairability out of warranty (read over on AVS).
  4. bilzebubba

Has anyone considered/listened to this in comparison with the Naim Muso-2 before buying either? Getting close to purchase date and am far from a city where I could check them out in person.
  5. bilzebubba

Thinking about the JBL L75ms for a kitchen redesign, wonder if anyone has experience with it. I have seven Chromecast audio units as streaming endpoints in Roon, and need something that both looks and sounds good (or is invisible, as with those too-pricey [and UK only?] Zuma Lumisonics, which...
  6. bilzebubba

Cambridge Audio Solo Phono Preamplifier Review

Thanks for all your help. Ordered the Duo from Crutchfield yesterday. Amazingly, it is due to arrive today!
  7. bilzebubba

Cambridge Audio Solo Phono Preamplifier Review

Thinking of "stretching my dollars" on the Duo (but spending them!) to replace the bad-testing Hagerman box reviewed here or possibly this Solo unit, but need to ask the obvious: am I just spending money cos I have upgradeitis, or is there likely to be an audible difference between either...
  8. bilzebubba

VTV Purifi Amplifier With SIL 994EnH-Ticha Pro Buffer Review

With the straight Purifi (no op-amp bling) version of the VTV, do you get the most out of the amp's headroom by using a balanced dac vs a pre-amp? Asking for a friend! (who has a Topping D30 pro, which outputs 4(?) volts via XLR) Or would you have to open the box and adjust the gain (Friend not...
  9. bilzebubba

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

How come you got yours before mine even shipped?! I ordered 10 minutes before the official start on their website, dude! Congrats tho ...mine did depart Shenzen this aft...:)
  10. bilzebubba

Schiit Modi Multibit - No Love?

I mean on those older (ca 2009) Dacs, there is an audible/annoying "pop" if you turn them on after the amplifier, whereas on the Modi Multibit (as on my D30 and my Cambridge and Nad Dac/Amps, there is only blessed silence!
  11. bilzebubba

Schiit Modi Multibit - No Love?

Not knowing about the MultiBit's, er, "pedigree" I'll admit to owning one (bought used off of someone who probably joined ASR before I did...wasn't cheap! So my question is, just how bad is it, for those who've compared it in blind listening (if anyone). I I DO like how it at least produces...
  12. bilzebubba

I didn't slander Topping, I ordered one (my third)! [My comment was about assuming that Apos = ShenzenAudio...] [["Buckaboo" does not = "Bilzebubba"!!]]
  13. bilzebubba

Haha! No I just read it here!
  14. bilzebubba

Oh I did not know that! Thanks. They (Apos) must do, as they are just an NA portal for Shenzen!
  15. bilzebubba

Did you buy from ShenzenAudio? Apos (their US affiliate) charged me 15% GST up front (60USD), alas! And has still not shipped....
  16. bilzebubba

Thanks! I actually tried upsampling everything to 96khz but it still happens (seems less loud?) When it occurs, the Matrix goes from 96khz to "No Sample" for a few seconds. Yes, Roon Radio is the worst for it, and I am starting to suspect some code changes in their recent 1.8 update, but really...
  17. bilzebubba

How common is this, Peter? It just started happening to one (and only one) of my dacs (albeit one over 10 years old) and is why I am buying this unit...it's quite loud! Of course, it could have its origin in the Roon 1.7 to 1.8 update, who knows, but it is indeed annoying :)
  18. bilzebubba

Apos started preorders tonight, shipping Mar 12...Pulled the plug on one to feed a VTV purifi amp cos my matrix mini-i from 2009 pops and clicks when it drops toslink feed for some reason when Roon changes to a different resolution track... I had considered the x16, but the display put me off...
  19. bilzebubba

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

The su9 also seems to have this issue with at least one owner, as do I with my Matrix mini-i (v1) . I would like to get a competent Dac with volume control for feeding directly into a Purifi power amp, and I really want to avoid this issue, so whether I buy this, the Su9, the X16 or the new...
  20. bilzebubba

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I get a thump on tidal as well when Roon/Tidal changes from mqa to non mqa tracks, but only fairly recently and only out of one Dac, a Matrix Mini-i (v1) with xlr that i tried attaching to my Purifi amp cos it sounded far better than using my Nad d3045 as a pre-out (but which makes no such...
Top Bottom