Search results

1. N

Sabaj A30a announced

I need to upgrade from my SMSL A300 because I am getting >100hz from my sub-out. Has the Sabaj A30a fixed the sub-out filter or is there a newer desktop amp that can support sub out with true filter?
  2. N

Recommendation - 2.1

Unless you're cramped for space and just want powered speakers you might consider getting a little desktop receiver/amplifier like the SMSL a300. It's a two channel amp with subwoofer out that connects to your PC via usb. Then just get whatever desktop speakers you want (elac b6 , svs...
  3. N

Sabaj A30a announced

I think the sabaj a30a looks amazing, I really want to buy it. I'm just worried about having the subwoofer issue which seems to be the only deal breaker. Are they pretty good with customer service regardless if you purchase from Amazon, hifi Express, or ali Express? The other issue is...
  4. N

Sabaj A30a announced

Sabaj is having a "sale", A30a for original $450 price.
  5. N

SVS Prime Bookshelf Speaker Review (by EAC)

Hmm I picked a set of these up for $427. In this price range are they any good or are there still better speakers?
  6. N

Sabaj A30a announced

Thanks for the educated responses. As you guys mentioned the A30a has higher bit rate and greater range when plugged in via USB than the A300 (only 16 bit) but in my laymen brain I did not know if that higher bit rate and wider range was even able to be reproduced by mass manufactured passive...
  7. N

Sabaj A30a announced

Sorry my question re-ignited the debate but do you think going from a SMSL A300 (plugged in via USB) to the Sabja A30a (plugged in via USB with the "power dac") would result in higher sound quality since the Sabja A30a has USB(1bit,16 ~ 32bit) PCM 44.1 ~ 768kHz(DSD 2.8224-22.5792MHz )when the...
  8. N

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

Does anyone know the bit rate and range of the a300 plugged in via USB? Trying to compare specs to the sabaj a30a, "The second-generation XMOS 8-core processor XU208 supports PCM sampling rate up to 32bit/768kHz and DSD up to native DSD512 during USB input." I don't have an external DAC so...
  9. N

Sabaj A30a announced

Is this still the top dog in this category? I currently have a SMSL A300 powering SVS Prime bookshelves (source is USB on my desktop PC) and this might be a nice upgrade, mainly to get subwoofer control as I am using a diy sub (CVR power amplifier that lacks any filters or anything on a UM18)...
  10. N

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

Could someone help guide me. I have a SMSL A300 and SA300, they are both ok and I love the subout with lpf of the A300. Does anyone know of a "better" complete amp than the A300 so I could control the subout lpf or is that beyond the scope of these little amps? Usage is setting next to my...
  11. N

Harrison Labs In-line Crossover Review (RCA)

Ah you are correct this should connect between source and power amp. I might get the <100hz lpf to use from my A300 to a CVR802 sub poweramp that lacks any filters or equipment.
  12. N

Harrison Labs In-line Crossover Review (RCA)

When it says "20 VOLTS RMS MAXIMUM" what is that in wattage?
  13. N

Why do no $200 DAC's include a subwoofer out and HPF given that numerous DAC/AMP's from the same companies and prices include this feature? (Ex- SMSL)

I am in a similar boat, a device that includes subout and allows selectable (or even fixed <100hz) LPF would be great
  14. N

The Fosi Audio V3 doesn't have a sub-out and requires external power supply. Personally, I don't care about needing to buy a beefy power cable for the V3 but it def is added cost. Any information on Fosi V3 2.0 ? EDIT: im dumb i see you mean 2.0 as in 2 channel without the .1 subout lol, sorry
  15. N

Any amps that meet this criteria?

https://www.cvr-audio.com/Products_details/66.html https://www.cvr-audio.com/Products_details/67.html These are massive amps, I have the smallest CVR 802 about 1200 x 2 @ 4ohm rms it was $525 shipped.
  16. N

Sanity check my DIY build?

Source will be computer using Equalizer APO 1.3, SMSL A300 amplifier/dac powering two SVS Bookshelf speakers. SMSL A300 Subout > single RCA to XLR for mono input > CVR Audio D-802 Power amplifier > Speakon cables > two Marty-Cubes with Dayton Ultimax 18" on each L/R channel (1300rms x 2 @ 4ohm)...
  17. N

One thing that I will mention going from SMSL SA300 to A300 is the subout signal must be lower on the A300 because I definitely had to increase the gain on my sub to compensate for loss of output. I'm not sure if I'm able to get the sub to the same output level as the SA300 because I have to...
  18. N

The OSD iDSP looks perfect and only $50 ! I think this is the solution, thanks!
  19. N

Thanks for this very much, unfortunately my sub amp uses XLR inputs, so I will have to use a RCA to XLR cable to input to my sub power amp. It says 20KΩ(Balance) , 10KΩ(Unbalance) , so I believe it would be 10k ohm since I will be using unbalanced input.
Top Bottom