Search results

1. S

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ

I use a separate 'streamer' as well, a dCS Network Bridge which in my case functions as a Roon Endpoint.
  2. S

My personal experience is that the Metrum Adagio, the Metrum Pavane (level 3), the Aqua La Scala mkII, the Chord HUGO TT2 and the Chord DAVE (which I own) bettered the TDAI-3400 fed directly with the same digital signal. All in their own way and some more than others. My take with the Chord...
  3. S

This is my experience as well, but only with certain higher-end DAC's. Which DAC do you use?
  4. S

Hey, there is one of the yes-men. Your contributions are very constructive!
  5. S

Exactly my point. No one is going to use this product as a stand-alone DAC. May be the 'stay all digital until speaker output' philosophy of Lyngdorf is confusing a lot of people, including @amirm. I expect a serious reviewer to first delve into what the product subject to testing is designed...
  6. S

You keep repeating yourself and I am out of arguments. Please go on this way if you do not really want to be taken seriously by the audio-community except for a handful of yes-men. Btw, yes the headphone amplifier in the TDAI-3400 sucks, why didn't you measure this feature and rank it against...
  7. S

Ah, this is a good case. What would you think if Amir's measured your Devialet as a stand alone DAC (which it isn't) via its analogue pre-out? This is what Devialet has to say about it.
  8. S

As I said, like teflon. And you, wisely, didn't react on the part about how you did test RoomPerfect. I checked the manufacturers website and it is very clear. Nothing said about it being a DAC or preamp. It is positioned as an integrated amplifier and audio processor with digital and...
  9. S

My points over at the other Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 thread were very constructive but you did act like teflon when I questioned your assumptions and approach: - The TDAI-3400 is NOT designed as a conventional DAC so it is meaningless to test it for this function the way you did, even offensive to...
  10. S

So, this mediocre 'DAC' and amplifier was able to drive your Revel Salon's with ease and gave you the tendency to re-listen your entire music library again... :cool:
  11. S

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amp & EQ (Part 1)

As I already stated in earlier posts, the TDAI's are not designed to use as a pre-amp to an analogue amplifier. In the past Lyngdorf produced the DPA-1 preamp/drc and the RP-1 room processor. These units were designed to use in an analogue chain. If you want to use the TDAI's as a pre-amp and...
  12. S

Don't get me wrong, I think it is very good that these kind of reviews are performed. I am only questioning some aspects of the approach. You expected a certain outcome - based on years of experience as you say - got opposite results but didn't dive deeper in possible causes before publishing...
  13. S

Unfortunately, I live in the Netherlands, so this would be a very costly exercise. May be curious US-owners feel for this. And if I understood it right, Amir's company is a Lyngdorf dealer. If so, it won't be difficult for him to get his hands on a demo unit.
  14. S

The owner questions if you had a faulty unit, I seriously do and also people over at another forum with a lively Lyngdorf section do. My stereo setup with the TDAI-3400 in the chain is as transparent and resolving as the direct headphone output of my Chord DAVE. In having a science approach...
  15. S

I read about this review on another forum, that's why I signed up and that's why this is my first post here. I own a TDAI-3400 so everything that is written about it has my special interest.. ;) @amirm my first reaction after reading your review was, could it be that you had a faulty unit on...
Top Bottom