Search results

1. W

JDS Atom amp - volume knob light not turning off ..anyone notice this?

Don't hit the Atom too hard, it might split! ..and we all know what happens when you split an atom ..especially if your headphones are plugged into it. You hear the deepest bass and crystal clear highs for a couple of seconds and then everything turns to dust (yourself included).
  2. W

Mine is turning on and off properly now ..seems to be fine.
  3. W

Had to turn on and off about 10 times ..maybe it needs to be broken in. Still sticky.
  4. W

Noticed volume knob light does not turn off when volume knob is turned all the way counter-clockwise and clicked into off position. Can anyone else confirm this on theirs?? Thanks. The only way I can get the volume knob light to turn off is to unplug the amp itself from the back.
  5. W

Topping D30 + MacBook Pro (2012) via USB - no sound???

My laptop is a MacBook ..still had to restart to fix. Life can be so hard sometimes.
  6. W

Volume setting preference with headphone amp + external DAC + laptop???

Just wondering if there's a preference you guys use for volume settings when using your computer (in my case a laptop) with a headphone amp and external DAC. I can lower and raise volume on the laptop along with the headphone amps volume knob and hi/lo gain button. What do you guy do? Keep...
  7. W

A restart of laptop worked ..honestly can't even remember the last time I restarted my laptop lol ..thanks!
  8. W

Hey guys, I can't get sound out of my laptop (MacBook Pro 2012) via USB into the D30. Laptop recognizes D30, but still no sound ..I've gone into system preferences, sound, output, and have selected it. I also went into Audio MIDI setup, found the D30 there and tried to enable it with no luck...
  9. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

Are there any benefits in using USB vs. 3.5mm stereo jack output on a laptop?? I guess USB is digital and 3.5mm stereo jack would be analog ..is that correct?
  10. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

Just a thought - so what makes a $10,000 audiophile CD player better (in terms of things you can measure) than playing Spotify out of your xbox via optical into a $100 DAC? If you can't distinguish the sound of different DACs by ear then what are you actually paying for? I'm sure build quality...
  11. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

I was kind of speaking in general terms, but ..pioneer dv-79avi , denon dvd-2900 , Yamaha a-s501. One ..two ..yup, three DACs I have. I'm gonna put that in my Tinder profile to get more girls. Thanks for pointing that out!
  12. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

This can kind of be tied into what I said/asked a few message above - The pioneer CD player (it's really a universal player) I'm using is highly sought after and has quite the following or at least did. I think it retailed for $1,499.00 when new in early 2000's, but is that even relative to a...
  13. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

Also, without opening a can of worms ..would it be safe to say (for the average listener) to just use whatever is the most modern DAC in your system? Is the DAC in a $5,000 CD player from 1999 even relevant to modern entry level DACs due to advances in the tech?
  14. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

I should probably just google this or start a new thread? ..sorry. Is there a device you can put in-between an analog or digital signal that will display the Bit and kHz of the audio coming through? I notice higher-end units will show this on their display or have 24/96/192KHz on the top plate...
  15. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

I understand completely. I bought an external dac, headphone amp, and headphones but am yet to receive the amp or the headphones, so thought I'd do some experimenting with the external dac by hooking it up different ways etc. (you know, I can't just stare at a new toy in the box) ..but learning...
  16. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

10-4! So even though the integrated amp has a DAC, when I'm feeding it an analog signal (say from the D30 or even a CD player), it's already converted, it's analog, and there's nothing the integrated amp can or will do (conversion-wise) because there is nothing to do anymore, right? So like...
  17. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

Aww man, I think I'm confused. I'm almost embarrassed to ask this because I feel like there might be something I'm totally missing ..but doesn't my integrated amp have to have a DAC to be able to accept and produce sound from the digital inputs, both optical and coax? I understand the outputs of...
  18. W

Does DSD sound better than PCM?

I had, at one point in time, an OPPO 980H universal player (played DVDs, CDs, SACDs, DVD-A, etc. etc.) and a lot of people used it as a digital transport because it could transport unconverted DSD via HDMI to a receiver (rather than converting automatically to PCM and then sending it out). I...
  19. W

DAC, DAC ..goose!

Hey guys, my Topping D30 DAC just arrived (kewl), but the JDS Atom amp I got to go with it is still a few days out and so are my headphones, so I hooked the DAC up just to check it out and it got me thinking ..what exactly are the DACs doing in this config - I have my CD player going into the...
Top Bottom