Search results

1. T

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

Interesting. Hadn´t heard of BKelectronics yet. I also heard that a sealed sub is generally going to sound more audiophile. Not sure if there´s any truth to that, but let´s not go off topic too far. I´m getting the sub 1000 f to go with the focal 9X6. I´ll be sure to report my findings. Kind of...
  2. T

Because it´s stable down to 2 ohm (flat frequency response and no load variation in the frequency response) and has very low sinad. I can keep that thing for as long as it doesn´t die on me, because upgrading just makes no scientific sense. And even if it dies on me I could easily replace the...
  3. T

Thanks, and nice setup you've got there ;). Aren't these the (normalised in room) stereophile measurements? Which I thought weren't anechoic?
  4. T

I'd only be getting 1 sub though. But given the similarity between the speakers, one would expect so. Unfortunately, I've never seen anechoic measurements of the 926 (or 936 in fact). Only 936 K2 by audioholics, whhich I'm assuming is pretty much the same given similarity in impedance...
  5. T

That sale is ongoing for the 926/936 too btw. Problem with store auditioning is: it's not my room. and I won't have my exact front-end gear at my disposal, nor will the sub and speakers be matched using dirac (if there is a sub at my disposal at all). You make a valid point, but in my mind it's...
  6. T

I don't listen that loud, I never exceed 90 dB which should be a breeze for either of these. And my main reason is 948 are just too massive. I'm not even blaming that one on my other half, I've audited the 948 in store but while loving the sound, I don't want it in our living room.
  7. T

Thanks for your comparison on 926/936/948. Just to be absolutely clear: when combining dual sub with either of these, your favorite was 936?
  8. T

About to pull the trigger on a Focal Aria system: 2 x Aria 926/936 1 x SUB 1000 F (I know most will advise SVS1000/2000 Pro, but aesthetics commission needs it to match visually) miniDSP SHD + UMIK-2 Apollon audio 1ET400A ST (purifi eigentakt based amp stable down to 2 ohm!!!) I intend to make...
  9. T

Did the employee say why to skip the 936?
  10. T

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

Just skimmed through this thread, and found some useful comments on using the Marantz Cinema 50 as preamp only, but nothing fully answered my questions. Has anyone ever done measurements of the front-end (pre-amp out) of this system? What DAC is being used? Is it well implemented? Do we have...
  11. T

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

I see that the SVS SB 1000 pro goes down 4 Hz lower (20 Hz instead of 24 Hz @-3dB), which is nice. Featurewise, I'm not really bothered as I'll be running my system from a miniDSP, providing sufficient options to manage bass. If you have any information (comparison-wise) on differences in...
  12. T

What makes it a poor sub? Aesthetics committee won't be pleased with a completely different looking sub Potentially irrelevant note: mostly to be used for music. Not that much into action movies etc. Edit: homecinesolutions confidential price is 748 EUR right now
  13. T

Right now I can't find it below 950. Do you think it will still drop lower? Or considering inflation in the last year, better to take the deal?
  14. T

Need help from hifi anonymous to not buy Focal Aria 948

Hey OP, did you end up buying 948 or not? About to pull the trigger on 5.1 set (2x948/936/926 + CC900 + 2x906) + SUB1000F... Hard to choose between the different sizes of mains. To make it harder, my spouse is weighing in on the looks. 926 is most elegant, 948 quite bombastic looking.
  15. T

Need help from hifi anonymous to not buy Focal Aria 948

So what were the differences you noticed? Were you able to AB them or are you going off memory? I suppose differences in midrange and treble could be explained due to slightly different crossovers (926 @290/2400Hz, 948 @280/2600Hz) And importantly: did you have 926 with SUB or without...
  16. T

Gaia Isolation anything in this?

Had that eureka yet?
  17. T

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I'm looking to add auto-on using a master-slave socket: when my miniDSP is powered on, it will provide power to the LPA-S400ET. But I'm not sure if the button in the front will allow that to work. How does the button on the front of the unit work? Do you have to press it every time the amp has...
  18. T

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

That´s an interesting idea. The disadvantage would be to have additional delay (once from home cinema and another 25 ms from minidsp), which might be too much for gaming. I was thinking to get some kind of external switch box with both RCA and XLR I/O, but a good one seems hard to come by at...
  19. T

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

I'm assuming you've done your market research, but here's another demand for RCA input :). I'm looking into purchasing a full setup: miniDSP SHD -> some Purifi amp -> Focal Aria 948. In the future I might add a home cinema receiver with center Aria CC900 and surround Aria 906, but would prefer...
Top Bottom