Search results

1. D

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Any ETA on Amir testing this model? Really interested in seeing that.
  2. D

The 6800 is USD $3,500 no? (Still quite expensive.)
  3. D

I imagine it will be some months at least before Amir will be able to measure and review the 6800? Really looking forward to seeing that. Also, how long before we’d see any kind of a sale on this new model? Black Friday?
  4. D

In Ceiling Speakers for 400 sq. ft. home theater recommendations (size and dispersion) for Atmos

17’ wide x 19’ deep ceiling is 10’ in the flat middle section (where height speakers will be installed), then slopes down to 8’ where it meets the front and back walls
  5. D

In Ceiling Speakers for 400 sq. ft. home theater recommendations (size and dispersion) for Atmos

10 feet high in the middle section (where these speakers will be mounted).
  6. D

Thanks. Doing ceiling Atmos speakers certainly ratchets up the price of your AVR as well. That said, we just renovated our room too, so the room/ceiling is now wired for 7.2.4, so I might as well do it. Still waffling on 6.5" versus 8" ceiling speakers though. There's not much price...
  7. D

How have you found the Klipsch CDT-5650-C II as Atmos speakers? Any regret going with 6.5" rather than 8"? What speakers are you using for front L/R and for surround? Do they seem to pair well with the Klipsch?
  8. D

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

There's a bundle offer at the bottom of that page for $799 (so you save $50 by buying the bundle all at once).
  9. D

Thanks. Yeah, you need the full bandwidth license in order to add on DLBC. The whole thing for multi subs normally costs $800. So I guess with 30% off it would have been around $560. For someone who has not been paying attention, does Dirac typically have a Black Friday sale? Any other sales?
  10. D

Do you recall what the price was for a full multi sub Dirac Bass Control license on Black Friday?
  11. D

The $800 for a multi sub Dirac license is painful though. Does anyone know, if you purchase the license for, say, a 3800, and then you buy a 6800, can you transfer (reassign) the Dirac license to the new receiver?
  12. D

Room correction and impact to DAC

If you feed content digitally to the AVR, which performs room correction DSP, how would you send the signal back out of the AVR digitally to an external DAC? Maybe via HDMI? So then a related question... Given that Audyssey and Dirac upsample or downsample digital audio to 48kHz before applying...
  13. D

For a 7.2.4 setup, what are the considerations in choosing between the xr-6800h ($3500) versus the xr-4800h ($2500) plus a 2 channel power amp for front L&R (say $1000)? The 6800 alone saves space (obviously), but the 4800 + a separate power amp would probably perform better driving front L&R...
  14. D

Great. Thank you very much!
  15. D

Indeed the size (in particular the depth) of many AVRs has become absurd.
  16. D

The Denon site lists the depth of the unit as 15.3" with the antenna removed, but it's not clear exactly how they measure that. Could anyone who owns one (and has it in an accessible location) possibly measure from the front of the volume knob to the rear speaker binding posts (I presume that...
  17. D

AVR / 2ch setup question

Yes, since the renovation we now have an awesome room already wired for 7.2.4. It's about 18ft wide and 19ft deep, with a ceiling that angles up to 10' in the middle flat section. I see that the Denon xr-6800h just came out ($3500). When I started this thread last June it hadn't even been...
  18. D

AVR / 2ch setup question

So... OP here. I'm still wrestling with this stuff. We renovated our TV room last year, and in the process wired it up for 7.2.4. But I haven't bought an AV receiver and surround/height speakers yet. Currently, I still just have a 2.0 setup (Outlaw RR2160 receiver and Q Acoustic 3050 towers)...
  19. D

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I wasn't trying to be snarky. Just explaining that Alexa voice commands is really the only way I have of controlling the Broadlink (and therefore controlling any other device via the Broadlink). Works great for just turning the system off and on, but not much else. I just don't have a place...
  20. D

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I would only use the Broadlink to turn it on and off and select input (as part of an Alexa macro when I say "system on"). But for volume, I need to use the remote in real time (I'm not going to say "Alexa, Flex volume up" all the time :)). Unfortunately it would be too unsightly.
Top Bottom